Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Creative Diplomacy

Kensai
    Kensai

Village : Minor Nation
    Clan : A-Class Clanless
    Discord Tag : kensai#2709

Creative Diplomacy Empty Creative Diplomacy

Post by Kensai Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:07 pm

Mission Name: Keeping The Land Free
    Mission Type: Assault
    Mission Rank: B-Rank
    Mission Goal: Defeat the Ninja invaders
    Description: A large assault force of shinobni has come to the Land of Iron to try to steal our resources. This must not be allowed to happen. Eliminate them, or convince them to leave. They are led by a B-Class fire ninjutsu user.
    Requirements: 2 C-Class, B-Class+

The Lord of the Land of Iron would look at the letter in his hands with great displeasure. It seemed that there had been reports of shinobi at their boarders, seemingly coming to try to steal the resources that belonged to the Samurai. Kensai was done with being robbed by shinobi, and these individuals had certainly chosen wrong today. He had crumpled the report in his hand before writing a letter of his own, sending it to the residence of one of his guards, Kiyoko Ono. She hadn’t yet had a chance to prove herself in battle, and Kensai was sure she would love a chance to do so. The letter would read.

Ms. Ono,

Your assistance is required with an extremely important mission. It seems there are shinobi on our boarders. The two of us will go and remove them through...creative diplomacy. Bring your sword and your passion. Meet at the inn past where we met...

Lord Shogun

It was nothing special, but it would be simple and effective Kensai was sure. He would grab his armour, weapons, and the warm cloak that would help him through and he and Tora would make their way through the snowstorm to the place that he had requested to meet Kiyoko. The inn was what a normal person would likely consider a full day trip from the village, but Kensai would make there in very little time, his speed impressive. It would put him closer to where he needed to be, and he would have a nice high position to scout from. With his bow in his hand he would scan the lands, keeping an eye out for both Kiyoko and for the shinobi that he was there to destroy.
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Clan : N/A

Creative Diplomacy Empty Re: Creative Diplomacy

Post by Kiyoko Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Kiyoko was thrilled to receive a summons for duty so soon. And one that involved ridding the lands of Shinobi no less. Today was going to be a good day. She didn’t have much in the way of belongings as yet having left most of her things when she had impulsively gone with Hagane, but her sword and passion, those she had. She was excited to have the chance to prove herself to the Shogun, and just a tiny bit nervous about it. While she did not doubt her own skill, she knew that she wanted to make a good impression and there was only ever one chance to do that. She’d already been somewhat awkward upon meeting him, and she wasn’t keen on repeating that.

Looking outside she sighed as she saw the sheets of snow whipping through the air, she hadn’t missed the near constant storming of her homeland. But even if it was cold and hard to see through, she would take a snow storm over a pile of sand any day. With some effort she had managed to purchase a thin cloak, there was not much in the way of industry here yet. That was part of what the Shogun was doing as far as she understood, and she knew it wouldn’t take long to encourage people like her to return. She just hoped that among the influx of new and returning citizens that there might be someone who could create a warmer set of clothing for her.

Wrapping her cloak around her and ensuring her sword was secured she would trudge out into the snow towards the inn. On foot it was a lengthy walk, but while she was not particularly fast, she didn’t need to stop for breaks, this was her homeland after all and she knew it very well. The smell and sound of the trees as the sharp scent of their sap floated through the air as the trees creaked in the wind, it was almost as if she had never left it was so familiar. By the time she arrived at the spot the Shogun had described she was quite cold, and it was with some effort that she would raise her head to look around. Through the gusts of snow she easily spied a flash of orange, which of course could be none other than the Lord Shogun’s pet tiger. She would make her way up towards where she knew the tiger was and as she got closer she also saw Kensai, cutting an impressive figure in the storm. She made no effort to hide the sound of her footfalls, though she doubted it mattered as the storm was loud enough to cover them to all but the most perceptive. Once she was close enough that she thought she could be heard she would stop, bow and call out to the man. “My lord I have come as requested. Is it safe to approach? I do not wish to disturb Tora.” She had been given a fairly strict warning about how to behave around the tiger, and she was intent on treating the animal with respect since being eaten did not sound like an especially comfortable death.

(20 exp)
    Kensai
    Kensai

Post by Kensai Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:19 pm

The snow was no cover to hide the woman from the Shogun’s senses, his tremendous hearing and absolutely ludacris eyesight never betraying him. Tora would briefly growl before noting who it was, calming down and chuffing a greeting instead. Kensai would chuckle softly at this, the siberian tiger still never failing to truly amaze him. Tora knew these lands better than Ken did, and in his time here had proven to be an unmatchable guide and scout for the Iron Shogun, something that he greatly appreciated. As she approached he would look out once more towards where they would be journeying...towards the border of the country. ”It seems as though it is safe, yes. I imagine you could even pet him if you wanted too, though I’d ask him first. He’s a finicky individual sometimes, but very loyal and a good judge of character.”

Kensai would turn around and face the woman now, hand rested on his sword as always while he looked her up and down. She didn’t really look like she was dressed for battle, though most people didn’t seem to do that. Perhaps that was a thing of a bygone era? He would have to try to bring it back. Armour was so snazzy, and effective at blocking things like swords and arrows. ”It is good to see you’ve come. I believe the shinobi who approach are from the settlement in the Land of Earth. It’s hard to say though. I’ve never met one of them. The reports say they’re coming from our east, which would make the most sense...In my journeys I’ve only ever met the sand ninjas, interesting folk but friendly enough, considering how crime ridden their village is.”

He would motion that they should walk, as they had a long journey ahead of them, and made his way towards the border speaking once more. ”What history do you have with the Shinobi, Ms. Ono. I need to know if you know what you’re getting yourself into.”

{40 exp}
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:28 am

Kiyoko was relieved to hear that it was safe to approach, today was not the day she wanted to get eaten by a tiger. At Kensai’s suggestion, which she took quite literally, she would move up closer to the large cat and bow in deference before speaking directly to him. “Could I have your permission to pet you?” She would wait for a reply before attempting to lay a hand on the orange and black and white fur. She wasn’t sure how to properly approach the situation and would allow the tiger to make the first move.

As the shogun turned to her to explain their mission she would listen attentively, doing her best to suppress a grimace when he mentioned the shinobi. She had a strong distaste for anything even remotely related to the ninja, it was a wound that had started when she was young and only festered with time. She would nod in acknowledgement of Kensai’s assessment of the crime that rotted within the Land of Wind, she had not spent much time there however the villainy was present at every turn that she had observed. Kiyoko was surprised to hear Kensai describe the sand ninja as friendly, she had not experienced such but she would make a non committal ‘hmm’ as he spoke of his time there. She did not wish to disagree with the Shogun, if he said they were friendly, then who was she to question it.

Walking along with the armored man gave her a brief reprieve from the awkwardness of making conversation. Very brief, as the next thing to come from his mouth was a bit more than she had been prepared for. She had come fully expected to discuss battle tactics, a long trek to find their targets, maybe even a wound or two in the battle to come - but not questions regarding her past. Of course it made sense for him to ask, he knew probably very little about her and more importantly little about her skills and loyalties. She couldn’t expect him to trust her in battle without knowing who she was. And while all of that was quite reasonable and logical it did nothing to assuage the anxiety she felt at having to disclose pieces of her past. Being here again in the Land of Iron was still fresh, and she had yet to fully lay her pain to rest. But as a dutiful Samurai she sought only to live up to the code of Bushido and to serve, so with a pause and a deep breath she answered his question honestly.

“My lord, I have much history with the Shinobi. I escaped my homeland as a child, though at the time I did not realize it was an escape. I have since come to learn that the Shinobi from the Land of Water had come to destroy everything, and for the most part did, my father and mother must have fought and I pray that they are still here somewhere as I have not heard otherwise in seventeen years. I grew up in the Land of Lightning, in the village of Kumogakure, which I fled from at my adopted father’s behest after he was murdered by the vile Shinobi. I know of their filthy ways; always lying and filling the world with fear and pain. I have met rocks with more honour than all of the Shinobi in Kumogakure combined. I know exactly what I am getting into and I would gladly give my life to free the world from the oppression and cruelty of the ninja.” Her words were laced with a cold hatred, one that surprised even her. She barely spoke of her time in Kumogakure or of her missing parents, and now while they were on their way to get rid of Shinobi from their lands she could feel her anger rise. With the cold wind biting into her it was only a moment before her anger faded and she would meekly clear her throat and speak again with a calmer tone. “I apologize Kensai-sama, I did not intend to answer your question with such anger. I do not speak of it often.”

(40 exp)
    Kensai
    Kensai

Post by Kensai Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:26 pm

The Iron Shogun would watch as the woman would bow to the large feline and speak to him. Tora, of course not speaking human tongues, would flick his ears and cock his head as the woman spoke to him. Kensai would restrain his laughter, though it wasn’t overly easy to do so. This woman took things very literally, it would seem, and didn’t have much experience of how to deal with animals. ”The way to ask him is to hold out your hand to him, he will come and sniff it and if he walks away he doesn’t want you to touch him. If he does, however, he will rub himself against your hand.” Kensai would scratch the tiger between the ears, causing a low groan from him as the tiger showed his appreciation. Unlike smaller cats, the cartilage in a tiger’s throat was harder, allowing for the intimidating roars and growls that they could make, but also disallowing the sound of purring. They therefore showed their appreciation in other ways…

As the woman would speak about her prior dealings with the shinobi Kensai would frown. It was easy to tell from her tone, demeanour and words that she held great hatred towards them, and it was something that could be a potential issue down the line when they were trying to forge alliances. He could not blame her for her anger, but it was a deeply unfortunate thing to hear. She would apologize about his anger, as though she had managed to see it on his impassive face, and he would shake his head.

”There is no need for apology. When I was a teen my father sent me out on an exile for self discovery. We had lived in the area that would become the Hidden Sand Village. Originally, it was a very small place, with many outlying towns and outposts, but when I had been away the shinobi had decided that their space was not enough. They began to conquer the small places around there, but when they came to our home, my parents stood up to them to try to stop them. They were slaughtered, our little town raided and turned into what is now a slum of the Sand... At this point his voice would trail off as he would think about his next words carefully.

”While I could have harboured that anger and hatred over the act, I didn’t. I have met good people who also happen to be Shinobi. I’ve come to the realization that they don’t choose their lives, much like we don't. They are a part of a terrible system that takes any child with potential at an extremely young age and are forced to be child soldiers. It is one of the most terrible parts of them. I believe that a shinobi who I consider to be my best friend will be taking over the sand village, and if there are other good leaders out there, I feel we can truly change them...but it will take time. I still do not trust the shinobi, and am very weary of their abilities and motives, but they are not all bad…”

{60 exp}
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 pm

As Kensai explained how to ‘ask’ the tiger something, Kiyoko was mildly embarrassed. When he’d said to ask it hadn’t occurred to her that she wouldn’t speak directly to the large feline. Slipping her left hand out from her cloak she would present it to Tora, offering a small smile and hoping that the tiger had already eaten and wasn’t hungry for hands. She would speak again even though she knew it was not necessary, hesitantly and with as much bravery as she could muster. “I’m just trying to make friends with you.”

She would listen as Kensai told of his own experiences with the Shinobi, it seemed his own parents were also lost to him. It saddened her to hear of how his parents had died, again precious lives lost to the greedy Shinobi. What she couldn’t understand is how he claimed to not have harboured anger or hatred towards the people responsible. She had often wished for the type of peace he spoke of, and it had never come. Perhaps though it was something she could learn from him.

As he continued to speak she found something she could wholly agree with. The Shinobi did use children as soldiers and she found the practice abhorrent. “I saw much of that in Kumogakure, children being used to fight, moreover being taught that it was a great honour and something to be proud of. I was saved from such due to my father Kosuke, it was truly terrible watching the children be turned to lives of violence. It is one thing to teach children respect and appreciation for the martial arts, to train them to defend themselves, to instill the discipline required to honour their people - but it is quite another to teach them to revel in murder and pain. All the Shinobi have much to answer for in my eyes, although if you say they are not all bad I will trust you on this. However in my experience most are, I have never had the opportunity to befriend a Shinobi, your friend sounds like a rare example of a kindness and honour not typically seen amongst their ranks, perhaps one day I will meet them and share your point of view.” Even as she spoke she could hear the hypocrisy in her words; that the Shinobi had much to answer for. She had much to answer for, and it weighed heavily on her heart.  

With a small sigh her shoulders would slump slightly, the guilt of what she had done seeming to have a physical effect on her. She didn’t want to have to tell anyone of her crime, but if there was anyone who should know her darkest secret, it was the Shogun. Turning to face him she would gather her courage and speak of her sin. “When I spoke of fleeing the Land of Lightning I should have continued the story. It was not my intention to hide anything from you, I am merely ashamed. I fled to the Land of Rice and met someone there who made me happy in a way I had never been. Until the day that they betrayed me and I cut them down. I have gone over that day in my head thousands of times. There was any number of ways I could have chosen to deal with it, and what I chose was murder fueled by rage. I have never been punished for my crime, and I would understand and accept any punishment you feel I deserve.” She would wait quietly for Kensai’s reply, fully expecting that amongst her due punishment would be a relief from his service.  

(60 exp)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:40 pm