Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Defend the innocent

Oda
    Oda

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Defend the innocent  Empty Defend the innocent

Post by Oda Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Mission Name: discourage looters
    Mission Type: Patrol
    Mission Rank: C
    Mission Goal: A group of looters is heading for the farm to steal supplies for the Blue Turbans. Send them Packing.
    Description: The Blue Turban rebellion is sending a raiding party to steal supplies from one of the villages more prominent farms. Hoping to feed their rebellion for some time. Use any means necessary to discourage this. A group of five looters are more armed with C rank katana and wearing blue turbans. All D rank stats.
    Payment: The Farmer is paying out 15,000 ryo
    Requirements: One C rank or two D ranks

Oda had word sent to him of a farmer calling for aid. It was near his clan territory so it was only natural the call be answered for their neighbors. Many of the clan thought it was a poor idea. The clan had spent generations keeping to itself and now suddenly they would aid others in need? It was a big shift for them. So as the clan leader Oda had taken the initiative to take the missions himself. Anything the village needed if it was honorable he would see it done. By his own hand he would raise their clan to be predominant within the new Iron country. With his own might they would be recognized as warriors and a pillar of their society again. He knew the horror the clan had faced as it was referred to constantly. Their suffering was the base for all the ways they lived today. However every one of those stories started with what they used to be. Legends to the people. How they were great warriors considered immortals on the battlefield. Once upon a time one Hinode warrior was worth fifty men. To be considered so highly once again would be a pride he would wear like a badge.

For now Oda was settled into the saddle of a horse. Albeit a farm horse and slow at that. The brown mare would trod along at a steady and slightly better than walking pace. Complaining with a ninny here and there for being used as transportation again. Oda himself was dressed in his usual outfit. He didn't branch out much. A black uniform with a high collar and copper buttons. With a long open white coat over it. His white hair spilled wildly across his shoulders with long orange sideburns. Bushy black eyebrows sat narrowed over pearl white eyes. Eyes that looked almost bored as they looked up the road. He should be drawing close now. He was already wearing the Odachi on his back. Though a gift had arrived for him he was wearing now. An ebony breast plate tight to his chest, and a black pair of greaves and shin guards. Ebony as well. His Odachi sat across his back with the hilt over his right shoulder. He would trod along but behind the horse and him was a trail clear of snow. All of it melting as he passed along. Heat rising off him so much that snow could not touch him.

1 - 20 exp
    Tristan Yoru
    Tristan Yoru

Village : Minor Nation
    Clan : Yoru

Defend the innocent  Empty Re: Defend the innocent

Post by Tristan Yoru Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:11 pm

It just so happened that Tristan was in the area when a farmer came asking for help. Having nothing better to do with her time, she decided to take up the job and lend out a hand. Unfortunately, she was currently under prepared for what was asked of her. She misplaced her swords, and without her swords she was pretty much your average person. Despite that, she couldn't seep at night knowing that she just passed up an opportunity to get something done. In the grand scheme of things, she couldn't care less that she was helping someone, but it made for a good learning experience. She had no idea who the Blue Turbans were, why she would care, or what they do. In this current moment, however, they were supposed to be her enemy, so she treated them in her mind as such.

Tristan arrived in nothing but a hakama, both the top and bottom portion black in color. Not her usual attire but also not her usual activity, along with the fact that she was not going to be solving this problem with her usual methods. The hakama wasn't too tight that she couldn't move like she wanted, but not loose enough that she could be doing flips and whatnot. A man atop of a horse caught her eye as he made his way towards the destination.. When he was close enough, she called out to him. "Are you supposed to be one of these Blue Turban fellows? I kind of expected you to... y'know, wear a blue turban."

1 - 20exp
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Oda would plod along steadily. Truthfully he was thirty in age and maturity but his appearance said otherwise. He looked around the age of fifteen even with his wild hair and serious eyes. The old horse finally gave in and as it walked would grab a nibble of grass here and there. Even a mouthful of grain as they reached the edge of the farm. Much to the responding frown of Oda on it's back. But the horse was old so he couldn't be too harsh with it. The mare would much away happily on the mouthful of grain until they approached a young lady. He didn't see any weapons on her but she was better dressed than any simple farmer might be. Of course this farmer was a wealthy one with plenty of farm hands Oda would conceded as he looked around himself. Taking in everyone around him before those pearl white eyes would return to looking to the woman. There was an intensity there. As if despite his lack of power there was a violent potential there. Yet he held himself calmly with good poise. Straight backed with pride in the way he held himself. As a lord Should.

When Oda approached close enough Tristan would call out to him. Inquiring of his intentions by asking if he was the enemy he had been called there to deal with. So this wasn't another farm hand at all. This was essentially the front line out here and if they had issues with the group before surely they knew what to expect. No, this girl was simply answering the call he was. But with no weapons? How odd. Still he would tug on the reigns to pull his horse to a stop even as it audibly complained. He would slide one leg off over the back and lower himself to the ground. Now he looked even closer to fifteen having not yet come into his height yet. His body still maturing. The Odachi nearly touching the ground. However he would hold the reigns with his right hand and place his left across his chest before bowing his head. Speaking in a firm voice.

"I am Oda, Lord of the Hinode clan and I have come today to answer a call for aid. As a samurai I can not ignore those in need. However I will need a safe place to stable my horse Nara if there is to be any fighting. She is old and easily scared you see."

2 posts - 40 exp
    Tristan Yoru
    Tristan Yoru

Post by Tristan Yoru Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Tristan stood there and watched as the man did his thing, her arms crossed. In her mind, she laughed a bit as she realized his actual size. From farther away, he just seemed like a shorter than average man, but now he just looked like a child. This may be a long day for him as there was little to no chance that Tristan was actually going to take him seriously. The woman silently nodded and gave a look of disappointment as he explained his situation with his horse and whatnot. He also introduced himself as Oda, the lord of some clan she's never heard of. The way he sounded, he was a pretty important guy, but she was up in the mountains for like 8 years so she doesn't really know nor care who he is.

"I am Tristan Yoru, a samurai, though my only master is the Shogun. And I don't know how to help you or your horse out, but I think I saw a shed nearby that looked empty. I don't know, I just got here moments ago." Her hand is raised and her thumb points behind her towards a shack not to far behind them. It seemed to be out of the way enough that the horse may be fine if combat were to take place.

2 - 40 exp
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:43 am

Oda would listen as she introduced herself. A samurai under the shogun? Oda had only recently met the man and had supper with him. The man seemed controlled and compassionate. This woman came across more abrupt and less polished. Still he didn't feel a sense that this samurai was in any way a poor person. Perhaps he could read people or perhaps it was simply because she had responded to the call as soon as he had. Ready to aid the farm. Still he would raise a quizzical eye brow a samurai with no weapons. All the same he would nods his head a moment before speaking in return. "Very well. That looks like it should do. Would you accompany me?" He would inquire of her with a face that showed nothing emotionally. He was calm and collected but something about the young man spoke of years of wisdom. Someone used to commanding men and educated. He might be a small time lord over only his clan but he acted every bit the part. If one considered him a child playing at war they were making a mistake. He would conquer the challenges set before him and one of those was to defend this farm.

If she accompanied him he would speak up once more. "A samurai under the lord Shogun you say? Well we shall grow to know one another I am certain. I wonder though, what is your intention once the enemy arrives? Did you have a plan of some sort?" He made a pointed glance to her empty hips. No sword there. Still something else might be more highly noticeable now if she was close to him. It was like standing outside on a mid summers day. It was hot. A good seventy degree's melting snow all around him. He would calmly tie his horse up in the indicated building before shuffling some hay and a pale of water in front of her. Tending to his horse just before a battle. His pearl white eyes would shift up to meet hers again as he patted his horses jawline. "Do you have any questions for me perhaps? If you know my capabilities your plan can accurately include me."

3 - 60
    Tristan Yoru
    Tristan Yoru

Post by Tristan Yoru Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:01 am

Quickly, she realized that he didn't understand what she meant. It's fine, he didn't expect him to be a mind reader, she just wanted him to be smart enough so she didn't have to explain her situation.

"Ah, you seem to have misunderstood me. I am a samurai with no master, technically a Ronin. However, if I were to be anywhere else and asked who my master is, it would be the Shogun, whoever he is. I highly doubt the man knows I exist, I wouldn't expect anybody to, but out of everyone in the world he's the only one I respect even marginally." A complicated situation indeed, something that normally wouldn't be a problem for people that didn't decide to cut themselves off from society. Anyways, Tristan joined him in the shack, aiding when she could with the process of tending to his horse. She noticed his sideways glance at her hips, first taking it as something sexual before quickly realizing that he meant the lack of weapons she had.That was a fair thing to question, she did just state she was a samurai but yet here she was unarmed. To quickly solve this problem, her eyes scanned around the shack until they found a pitchfork in the corner. She grabbed it, immediately realizing the magnitude of what she came her to do. This pitchfork was shoddy at best, Tristan imagined it could take about one hit before crumbling into dust. So, she just had to dodge most attacks that were going to come her way, then she should be fine.

"My plan was to fight whoever showed up, win, and then go home. Outside of that, nothing else. I imagined that just using my fists would be adequate enough, but since it seems as my lack of weapons bothered you, so this shall suffice, no?" She then muttered under her breath, though they were close enough that he would hear. "Unless you were just staring at my hips." Her voice then rose again, completely disregarding what she said prior. "Do what you deem needed, nothing more and nothing less. I don't care what you can do, I trust you have good judgement to decide what you will do. That is what I care about, the will do."

3 - 60 exp
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:47 am

Oda would pat his horse once more as she explained she didn't actually know the shogun. But they were the only one worthy of her trust and loyalty. So he was more of a cautious man than her but not by much. After all it had only taken one meal with the man to give him the Hinode's loyalty. Time would only tell if the two of them were in the right or if Kensai was hiding behind a mask of sincerity. Still she would collect a pitchfork from the wall and he would smile. Memories of the stories of his family and their rebellion to gain their freedom. Using any weapon they had to in order to gain it. She would fight with what was available to her. However her comment about her hips would raise an eyebrow from him. He would wait until she basically told him the two of them would be acting individually. Not having a tactic for when the enemy arrived was usually a bold but foolish choice. Especially when they would likely be outflanked and the enemy better armed. He would shake his head as she seemed careless to him but he wouldn't scold her.

"Though I appear to be young and foolish perhaps, I assure you in my thirty years I have never been seduced easily by a young womans hips. There is far too much work to do."

He looked young but the truth was everyone in his clan did. Part of their clans healing process would keep them from aging at a normal pace. Often they appeared as half their age. Like children doctors and warriors but all of them as adult as Oda himself. Still he would step outside the doorway to the shed as he did not share her careless approach idea. Instead his white eyes would scan the field and then the farm to the side before he rose a hand to stroke his chin. There was an advantage of holding ground and defending. They could set up ahead of time. If they were outflanked they needed to remain unseen when possible. The tall crops from the unharvested part of the field would help with that. So he would speak once more. "I don't seek to steal command from you here. You were here first so you are in charge. However if you would listen to my council it would be appreciated. If you were to conceal yourself within the crops they would likely not detect you before you could strike. With my abilities and armor they will have a harder time putting me down. I should act as a distraction to lure them into the field where you can strike. Once we have the element of surprise dispatching of enemy forces can be done quickly before they have time to gather their thoughts and reorganize. Kill a couple of them and the rest will flee."

4 - 80
    Tristan Yoru
    Tristan Yoru

Post by Tristan Yoru Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:03 pm

"No worries, I never felt like I was in command.here anyways. I don't feel like I'm better than you, nor you better than me. However, that is not a bad plan. the element of surprise will surely make fighting our enemy much easier than before. Plus, you make a good point, as long as we kill one or two of them, assuming they aren't a large group, we might be able to make them turn tail." She would take her hand and pat him on the back lightly, as if she were congratulating him. "Good thinking there,Oda." She was confident that her assumption of his age was correct, as they were, at least, no older than she was by appearance. However, she one he mentioned that he was 30 she found herself very confused, spawning a ton more questions. She kept them to herself though, expecting there to be a better time to ask.

And with that, Tristan took her spot as the plan required her to. She found an area with an abundance of shrubbery to kneel down in, low enough that she wasn't visible at just a glance. The pitchfork lay on the ground next to her as she watched intently, waiting for the right moment to strike. Hopefully, they were correct in their thinking about the bravery of their enemies. It was safe to assume they were, as those who were confident in their abilities would not have to resort to attacking a farmer for resources. There were plenty of other places, though they probably had way better security. It seems the Turbans were not looking for a challenge, but more of an easy way out.

4 - 80 exp
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Oda would nod a little as she seemed to accept his plan. He wasn't truly happy with her not caring for a chain of command. It wasn't about being better or lesser. Kensai had told him that he found himself and his subjects to be equals. Command didn't make you better than someone. It just gave a sense of order in an otherwise chaotic battle situation. Still he wouldn't press it. She had accepted his plan and now they just needed to act on it. The compliment wasn't lost on him but he also wasn't sure how to address it. He had been raised to be the head of his clan. So anything he accomplished for most of his life was simply expected of him. He was far from being considered a prodigy but he had the clans interests at heart all the same. He had simply inherited his position. His pearl white eyes would watch as she moved towards some shrubbery and managed to mostly conceal herself. Well enough that a distracted enemy likely wouldn't notice. She was by all appearances a good person. The foundation of a good samurai. She might consider herself ronin now but she would fit in wonderfully.

Oda on the other hand would shift the Odachi strap over his head and use his left hand to grip the Odachi by it's large scabbard. The weight of it in his hand as he looked down to it. A concerned frown on his face. He did not enjoy the side of himself she would see. If it came to that. Still he would shift his eyes to looking up the road and observe several men approaching. All in a group and non of them fanned out. No eyes really searching around but instead they noticed him quickly. A smirk easily seen on each of their faces. Some kid was going to bar their path? Each of them wearing a blue turban and each with a poorly crafted katana on their hip. What they didn't know was they had to pass the shrubbery where she was hidden to reach him. Still they stopped just short of it. To which Oda would call out to them. "Members of the blue turban rebellion. I understand you do this out of hunger, so I will grant you this one chance to turn back. If you force me to draw my sword I can no longer show you mercy. "

One of the men would start to laugh and the others joined in. Five of them all with a katana each. They all smiled with malice at the boy in their way. Three of them started walking forward passed the shrubbery while the remaining two drew swords and charged forward. Planning on coming at Oda from both sides. As they did Oda would take in a deep breath. They were far enough from the crops not yet harvested not to damage them. As they drew close to Oda he would release his breath and place his right hand on his hilt. Those pearl white eyes flashing red as a smile spread across his own face. The ground under him smoldered and blackened as the heat around him surged. Small bits of fire igniting on some dryer grass. He would at the end of his exhale draw his sword rapidly. Flames scorching along the blade as he did so. Red flames dancing out as he sliced both men at once. One stroke as both men ignited and burned on the spot. Dropping as blackened corpses as the remaining three stopped in their tracks. The young appearing man holding the flaming sword which had just dropped two of their friends. He was smiling with flames dancing in his red eyes.

"You were warned rebels. Still you came at me with intent to kill. If you come at me now, I will feed each and every one of you to the pigs."
    Tristan Yoru
    Tristan Yoru

Post by Tristan Yoru Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:45 am

Tristan sat in her spot and watched silently, waiting for a time to strike. She watched as Oda warned the rebels to stay away from the farm, she witnessed them laugh right back him. Honestly, when she put her thought towards the situation, if she were in the rebels position she would have laughed as well. In their defense, the man was not incredibly intimidating, something that could be blamed by his size and his appearance. If one didn't know better, they would assume that it was some adolescent that had decided to single-handedly stop the rebel threat. Yeah, that thought was laughable.

What wasn't humorous, however, were the charred remains that at one point were two living men. Tristan learned very quick that Oda was a serious man. He did not hesitate to take the lives of two men, and she assumed that's what he would do to anyone who stood in his way by the looks of things. While she was cracking jokes with him before, she has decided that she will tone that down a bit from now on, as this display of ruthlessness has earned her respect. Or at least enough of it anyways. So with their former comrades now dead, the last 3 just glared at Oda. Before they could do anything rash, Tristan took the pitchfork and stabbed it into the foot of the closest rebel and grabbed his sword from his waist while he was distracted. She took the blade and placed it firmly across the same man's neck, staring at his companions.

"I strongly recommend that you leave and never return, lest the Blue Turbans are no longer going to have a problem of feeding too many mouths." There was a moment of silence as the other two took a step away from Tristan towards Oda. The one that had a blade to his throat began visibly shaking. "It seems like you don't care much for his life." She applied more pressure to the blade, drawing blood from his neck. The other two began scrambling away, tripping over on another. Tristan stood there and watched as the two ran like dogs with their tails in between their legs. Soon afterwards, she took the pitchfork out of the foot of the last man at tossed the sword to him, glaring at him. "Go." He followed his comrades and hurried back in the direction he came.

Tristan turned her head back to Oda and called out to him. "That could have gone worse, no?"

5 - 100 exp
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Oda could feel the blood lust pumping through him. Like the fire on his sword he would feel it like a burning passion within him. He wanted to take on all three of them. He wanted to cut them down as he had their friends. They were armed enemies. He didn't care for their petty reasons or that they were all armed. He just wanted to burn them to ash. To cut them down as he would anyone who would fight against his Shogun. The man wanted peace and prosperity for his people. Those who would stand in the way of that would burn at his hand. He felt like his power would bring salvation to those in need. However his thoughts of slaying them would be interrupted as the plan came into action. The girl moved with skill and purpose. Within a moment she had taken the individual closest to her with a pitchfork into his foot and stolen his weapon. She pressed it to his neck and gave them all a second chance to retreat. He would frown but she was in the right. Despite him wishing to kill them all she was showing mercy. As soon as they turned tail and ran, it was the way for him to as well.

He would take a calming breath as the fire faded from around him and his blade. Fading entirely as he sheathed it slowly. The blood already having burned away off his blade. With a click the last of the flames were gone and his eyes closed before the reopened and shifted from a crimson red to a pearl white. He looked calm and collected again as he looked to her standing there with a katana and pitchfork. He imagined his ancestors had stood in much the same way before. If he had doubted her being a samurai before now he did not. She followed a code and moved with grace and skill. Still he would take the strap and reset the sheathed weapon to his back. The long sword barely keeping from touching his heels with it's height compared to his. He looked like a teenager playing at being a warrior true, but now she knew he wasn't playing any games. He held himself with good poise as his pearl whites looked to the woman. His voice calling out the few meters between them.

"We should go inform the farmer he is safe for the time being. I am sure he will be grateful to us. And in turn to the village who aided him."

6 - 120
    Tristan Yoru
    Tristan Yoru

Post by Tristan Yoru Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 pm

All Tristan could do was nod in response. In the current moment she had no quips and really nothing else to say to Oda that would be worthwhile, as she agreed with his suggestion. Pitchfork in hand, the woman walked back towards where the farmer was, which was conveniently his home. She assumed that he holed himself in there as a sort of defense from the attack, which was probably the best course of action for someone of his combat prowess. Leaning the pitchfork against the wall of his home, Tristan addressed him.

"There's nothing left to worry about, sir. Both the Lord and I have dealt with the turbans, and I personally made sure they would never come back again. However, if they do, don't hesitate to call for me. I promise, I will be here at a moments notice." There was a determined look in her eyes, as if she was trying to make it a point that she will keep her promise. And she will, to the best of her ability. The farmer just looked back at her and nodded, still trying to calm down from the rush of it all. Tristan's head would snap to Oda.

"I guess this is farewell then? I have a feeling that this won't be the last time we see each other though. This land we live in is not that large and there seems to be trouble everywhere. So this is more of a... see you next time? I don't know, I'm not well-versed in goodbyes." She gave him a bow and left, walking back to the village she came from prior to this whole fiasco.

[Exit]

6 - 120 exp
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Oda would watch her nod and turn from him with pitchfork in hand. His eyes following her a moment before he stepped in line. She was certainly formidable there was no doubt in that logic. She knew when she heard a decent plan and was willing to follow but was also quick with her hands. She started the day with no weapons ready to face some hostile forces alone. If he hadn't shown up he wondered what dramatic plan she had to deal with them. Probably some incredible feat or another with shock and awe. Still she had spared even the one she injured. He walked in pace with her but slightly behind as he glanced down at his Odachi. So he still held that rage within him....that blood lust when he drew his sword. There was no real surprise there. He had worked on overcoming it but when he drew his blade he would not be dissuaded from taking a life if pressed. He had learned that with boken that he could train with others but when he actually drew steel he became something else. He could feel the blood lust on his blade. Smell the burnt flesh in the air and the smoke coming off their corpses threatening to choke him.

Still she would tell the farmer he was safe and if they came back she would as well. He was sure they would. Fools didn't stay gone for long. Eventually hunger would drive the rebels to try again. His white eyes regarded the farmer as Oda bowed his head and then turned his attention to Tristan. Listening to her speak with a silent regard for her. He seemed to be truly listening as those white eyes never broke from looking to hers. When she bowed he matched her bow samurai to samurai. Only once she was gone would he collect his horse and mount up once more. It was time to return to his own clan. A good deed done for the day.

7-140
    Exit thread

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:08 am