Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

The Doughnut Hole (Open/Social)

Maple Kaneko
    Maple Kaneko

Village : Iwagakure
    Clan : N/A

The Doughnut Hole (Open/Social) Empty The Doughnut Hole (Open/Social)

Post by Maple Kaneko Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:31 am

Appearance:

Kumogakure was known for their doughnuts. It was no surprise that during Natsuru's time in Kumogakure that many vendors sought to please her tastes as she was once rather wealthy before she left the city and resigned for reasons known by herself and her close friends. But despite her extended absence from the city a lot of the vendors continued to practice the methods they learned once before to please her tastes. Fortunately for Natsuru the city provided the ryo she needed to be self-sufficient for the time being. Her living conditions were...poor by her standards. She was not comfortable having to be worried about budget. To always be wary of how much money she actually had left to spend. Despite her living conditions being very comfortable by popular opinion, she felt impoverished.

Fortunately, Natsuru was not entirely spoiled rich. There were some simple pleasures that were instinctual, like biting into an oil fried sugary doughnut. She left her higher-end hotel room and ventured into the Tamamaki Plaza. The promenade attracted too many visitors and were rather trendy for her tastes. In her experience the best doughnut shops were the small, local businesses. The Doughnut Hole was one of the establishments she knew well enough with even outdoor seating arrangements which allowed her to enjoy the rather pleasant spring day.

Standing before the counter she'd place her order with the employee behind it. "I'd like a medium coffee, black, and a variety dozen donuts. Please." With a few ryo bills she paid for her fare and headed to the restroom to wash her hands while the staff prepared her order. And in the minute it took to freshen up, her order was ready. Taking the bounty to the outdoor dining area she'd choose a vacant table with four chairs. The parasol helped guard the direct sunlight making the weather seem a bit cooler than what it was. It was an ideal condition for the hot comfort food she had.
    Mort
    Mort

Village : Kumogakure
    Clan : Kurama
    Discord Tag : Data_Sora#0001

The Doughnut Hole (Open/Social) Empty Re: The Doughnut Hole (Open/Social)

Post by Mort Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:25 am

Somehow, in all the time spent in Kumogakure, Mort had never had a donut. In fact, many sweets had been banned for his consumption until recently. When he had asked as a child it was either due to a lack of money or it was bad for his teeth or he'd lose control or the Raikage would kill him personally or he was a child and all children know that parents won't let a child eat sweets; something along those lines depending on who he asked. When he turned 15 though though he was finally given permission to eat sweets without having to sneak them from his cousins or friends. Since then, he made it a point to go and try to find some obscure shop every month or so and try whatever odd sweet thing they had, and today, he had his sights set on a doughnut shop.

Wearing his usual wear of a black battle kimono, cool grey scarf and holster with Excalipoor by his side, he'd check the crudely drawn map given to him by his teacher. Supposedly the donuts there were some of the best despite not being exactly 'obscure', but that's what every other seller claimed when it come to their product, so he'd have to decide for himself. "You'd think that he'd at least have the decency to say which one was the best donut there, but nope. Nothing." Looking back up he'd spot what he assumed was the shop, and he was...well not disappointed at least. It did have a patio after all, and one cannot fault a business for having a patio.

Walking inside, he'd take a look at the interior design of the place and made a few small nods at the choice in wallpaper before taking a look at the possible choices. Cake, Old Fashion, Rings, and Long Johns; just a few of the many selections that awaited the boy wonder. Taking a few minutes to decide he'd weigh each option and what could be the best choice when a thought stuck him: Why not just ask? Going up the the counter he'd look at the poor unsuspecting employee. "Hi! I'd like a Raspberry and Buttercream filled Bismark with white Icing and chocolate drizzle, as well as a dozen blueberry old fashion with small chocolate sauce container on the side. Oh and also some milk if that's possible. Thank you!"

Having gotten his order placed, he'd take a look at those having a relaxing time enjoying their food, both inside and out on the patio when he spotted...actually he didn't know. Turning inward, he'd try the annoyance that was his Id instead. 'Id, who's that woman with the swords and bow?' '...I think that's that the Blood Raven. Please tell me you aren't-' before the mental conversation was even over, Mort had walked outside and walked right up to the ninja. Putting on a nice and friendly smile, he'd kindly ask this mysterious 'Sanguine Crow.'

"Excuse me miss, but may I have a look at and hold your swords?"
    Maple Kaneko
    Maple Kaneko

Post by Maple Kaneko Mon May 04, 2020 4:02 am

Natsuru had her meal set and took the time of peace to get her next plan set. First she needed to find ways to get back into the social elite in Kumogakure. Without her parent's financial backing she really needed to work harder than before and be a bit more generous with her craft. Missions were still off the table unless they were of high priority and improved her standing within the city. From within her cloak she retrieved a notepad and pen flipping it open to a blank page and began sketching her itinerary. But not even five minutes into her work was she interrupted by a presence making a beeline towards her table. There were no waiters in this basic establishment so Natsuru was a bit dumbfounded by the intruder.

Clicking her pen she'd set the notepad and writing utensil upon the table and shift her violet glare towards him. A wide, blundering grin and shaggy blonde hair. Here we go... Reclining in the chair she'd grab her coffee and take a cordial sip with both hands cuffing the coffee cup. His request was the most bizarre. Between the failed pick up lines or outright lewd jabs, what he wanted definitely fell into its own category. Her first impression? He was socially awkward.

"Stop." Natsuru demanded after the boy stepped within a few meters not giving him any leeway to step closer. "So are you just extraordinarly socially inept or are you some grotesque giga-pervert that wants touch my possessions?" Natsuru's eyes didn't ease up. They remained narrow and spiteful with a visage clearly annoyed by the boy's mere presence.
    Mort
    Mort

Post by Mort Tue May 05, 2020 9:16 am

Mort would move back slightly to a more respectable distance as he listened to the Cardinal Crow and noticed that his hair was strangely blonde, though if someone took a moment they'd realize it was just a genjutsu. Her words were a lot more direct then anyone else before her, and while the stare was a bit intense, overall it was refreshing. "Hmmm, That's a bit of a toughie to answer. I'm pretty sure I'm socially competent, and I make sure to wash myself daily like any decent person. As for the pervert, that's a long winded story involving my clan which no person needs to hear, but safe to say I'm pretty sure I'm not." He'd take a small breath as he let his thoughts catch up. Given her title, he wanted to see if his theory that weapons that have survived many battles and were both properly cared for while hardened in blood, sweat, and tears really did improve over time, or if it was just a tall tale.

"I just want to inspect them, that's all. After all, you are the San-, no-what was it? 'Blood' Right, Blood Raven. Someone with a title like that has to have some pretty nice weapons." With the nickname properly registering in his head now, he realized he had made a mistake. "Oh my, where are my manners! I completely forgot to introduce myself and ask for your name!" He'd take another step back and put his left hand behind his back. "My name is Mōtimā, though I often go by Mort. May I ask what yours is, or would you just prefer to call you by your title?" As he spoke, his blonde hair returned back to it's true color, an odd mix of purple and black.
    Maple Kaneko
    Maple Kaneko

Post by Maple Kaneko Sun May 10, 2020 10:20 am

A tough answer?

What was originally an insult turned into a moment of self-actualization for the stranger, something that raised quite a few red flags for Natsuru. When the man started his first explanation all Natsuru did was simply roll her eyes and drew her attention to the doughnut buffet before her. Coffee did have a rather short lifespan before it became lukewarm, and if there was something Natsuru despised more than strangers, it was lukewarm coffee. It either had to be piping hot or cold. There was no room for negotiation. Taking a hefty bite out of a blueberry cake doughnut she'd chew it slowly before topping it with a mouthful of coffee. That was better.

"I don't remember asking for your name." Natsuru said, setting down the doughnut back in the pink box. Shifting in her chair she'd face the stranger again, who went by the name of Motima. Something she didn't particularly request, but surely enough this encounter alone would make it unforgettable. "That's an ugly name. 'Motima.' Your new name is Raisin. You're presence is making me sour, your hair is purple, and I tend to avoid you. Therefore, Raisin." Finishing the last of the doughnut in two chomps, which apparently went straight down her throat with little to no chewing as Natsuru continued with what she had to say. "I'm not here to flatter you, Raisin. If you are a weapon enthusiast you should know what I'm carrying is nothing extraordinary. And even if they were, I wouldn't let your greasy mitts all over them. If you wish to taste any of my greatness, you can lick my shadow." Natsuru finalized with a bit of smugness at the end of what she said.
    Mort
    Mort

Post by Mort Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 am

As he listened to the woman, his mind was in a state of flux from the many things she had said. Why call him Raisin and not Sunshine as she was making her sour. Raisins aren't even sour at all unless modified! Why was she concerned about him giving her his name? But most importantly, why would he want to taste her? I mean sure he'd eaten some of that calloused skin that would form around the side of his nail, but that was normal, right? He was pretty sure that wasn't cannibalism, so why start by eating her out here? 'Must be an adult thing, or would it be a chunin thing?' As he thought about it all, he never actually found out her age or rank for that matter. He'd have to ask about that later.

Tilting his head a little to the left he'd raised his right eyebrow as he processed what she said. "Why would I want you to flatter me, or even taste you? I mean, I haven't even participated in the chunin exams yet, much less beat up a god or win a game of pick-up-senbon." Sure he was special in that he held the potential of the Kurama clan, but that's all it was: potential. "But, I can see that my presence is bothering you, and for that I'm sorry. It's clear that if I want to see what character they hold I'll have to prove myself instead." He'd straighten his body and slam his right fist into the palm of his other hand. "I, The Raisin who shall surpass those considered gods, shall prove that I am worthy of holding your weapons by becoming the winner of the next Chunin Exams!" He'd relax a little, letting his arms fall and somehow, a tumbleweed rolled by with a few curious children and a distressed merchant chasing it. "And if I fail, eh, I'll kiss the shadow. I give my word on that."
    Maple Kaneko
    Maple Kaneko

Post by Maple Kaneko Sat May 16, 2020 10:58 am

The confusion on the man's face gave everything she needed to confirm who he actually was. And that was socially inept, though some parts of her still screamed he was a closet pervert at least. What the Hell is he blabbering about? She thought to herself as she slowly tuned out the kid and resumed her doughnut stash. As stated, coffee has a fairly short lifespan and she didn't want to waste its freshness over entertaining the lost child. Shifting herself back forward she essentially gave him the cold shoulder as he spoke. But despite her best efforts to ignore him, it was almost impossible given how sharp her perception was. Sure she had the benefit of being an incredible scout and avoid getting dropped on, but boy when it came to ignoring people she didn't like it was neigh impossible. Back on the mainland it was hardly an issue, but sure enough back in Kishin and Kumogakure in general there was an abundance of morons.

The sound of a hand meeting palm forced her to turn her head and catch an amusing sight. An incredibly cringe pose following an equally awful speech caused her blood to drop. She felt everyone staring. Shifting her eyes to the side she looked at the nearest table, and sure enough they were looking. Reaching up to her hood she pulled it over allowing her appearance to be mostly concealed. She couldn't be associated with someone like this. It was best to keep her reputation clean. Pulling her cloak over her body she became an anonymous figure in public.

"Ew, stop. Please. Take my advice: if you ever want to lose your virginity, never do anything so grotesque in public again. And I know you still have it. So don't try to lie." Natsuru said all in a rather hushed tone while the other patrons resumed their own business. There was a bit of power Natsuru felt when calling another person a virgin. Like being apart of an exclusive club. "Forget the Chuunin Exams. You should start simple and wear deodorant daily. Then learn how to not talk like a loser. Once they achieve those two steps you can be promoted from a Dog into a regular Dork."
    Mort
    Mort

Post by Mort Sat May 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Whoops, once again he had forgotten that yes, he did have a bit of a problem with social awareness, but that didn't make him socially inept, right? Still, he did let out a small "Sorry." once he noticed everyone was looking at them, even if it did give him people that could now back up his claim.

Looking back he was a bit surprised to see her put up her hood. She wasn't that averse to sunlight, was she? Heck, he almost missed what she said at first due to how much quieter she had gotten, and nearly missed her comment on his bodily status. The more and more he thought about it, the more confused he grew about her as she just kept hurling insult after insult at him, and what's more, basically all of them were false. This...qualified as a fight then, right? Just not a fight with swords, but with words. And if that were the case, he should be fine drawing out his Id...right?

"Sounds like you've already promoted me from raisin to dog, so I guess that's an improvement at least. It is rude to accuse people of things you don't know of though, and could make people assume that you're just trying to deflect whatever you are onto others." As he had spoken, their eyes shifted colors from their bright green to a dark purple. They'd dig into their hip pouch and reveal 2 sticks of alum deodorant, one with the seal opened and recently used, setting the unopened one down on her table, then put the personal one back into the bag. "But what do I know? I'm just a deodorantless bitch who can't get a date." Mort feel a bit sick on the inside as they gave a cheeky smile, but in a fight, even if it was one he had gotten himself into, kindness wasn't a gift he could give. "Now then, I do apologize for ruining your donuts, be we need to go get ours." They'd turn around and leave, praying to whatever god that was out there that what they just said wouldn't end their career early.

{Exit}
    Maple Kaneko
    Maple Kaneko

Post by Maple Kaneko Mon May 25, 2020 1:10 pm

"Oh no, trust me. I know more about you than you know yourself. This reverse psychology you're trying to pull isn't working. That's why you're a dork." She said as Mort revealed a stick of deodorant he happened to carry around with him. It was used, the sight of the smeared stick ruining what was left of her appetite. "Congratulations. You're less of a neanderthal than I thought. That's why you are a dork." Fortunately that was the end of their somewhat bitter encounter. Mort left to pick up his order, Natsuru noting mentally he referred to himself as 'we.' She didn't dig too much into it, though black listed him as a lunatic and someone she should possibly look out for in case he decides to stalk her at one point.

"Yeah, yeah. Shoo. Get lost, Dork. And take your filthy deodorant with you. God knows I wouldn't dare touch it." Raising from her seat she grabbed her pink box of donuts, leaving her coffee cup which was mostly empty. She enjoyed coffee, but the real prize here was the donuts. And she hit the jackpot. She'd vanish out of the air in a quick sprint.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:03 am