Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

4 posters

Maeve's Technique Notes

Valen Akari
    Valen Akari

Village : Kumogakure
    Clan : N/A
    Discord Tag : Malyaska#2258

Maeve's Technique Notes Empty Maeve's Technique Notes

Post by Valen Akari Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Placeholder for approved techniques ^_^
    Valen Akari
    Valen Akari

Maeve's Technique Notes Empty Re: Maeve's Technique Notes

Post by Valen Akari Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:54 pm

Name: Adamantine Sealing Chains
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 30
    Upkeep Cost: 20
    Range: 0m-150m
    Speed: A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Fuuinjutsu
    Classification: Exclusive (Uzumaki)
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: This technique molds the user's chakra into extremely durable chains which can be used for various purposes, such as directly combating or physically restraining their targets — foes even as powerful as a tailed beast. These chains could also be used to bind the chakra of a target, completely neutralizing their ability to use chakra based techniques. Also, taijutsu based techniques cost 1 rank more in chakra (capped at S rank). Should the user strike with the chains they'll have a force of S rank. The user can also manipulate the chains to erect a barrier. This barrier has S grade hardness in terms of durability and can be created a maximum of 120m wide and tall The chains are used to make the frame of the barrier which is then filled in with chakra. This allows the barrier to be versatile in terms of shape, being able to be a dome, a cube, even a cylinder. The chains have a Strength of S making it extremely difficult for almost any shinobi to break out of them using raw strength. Up to 8 chains can be created.
    Weaknesses: Because there is Fuuinjutsu underlying the chakra chains, they can be nullified like any other fuuinjutsu in accordance with the sealing breaking rules. Note, this is the only application of chakra upon the chains that can be utilized from those who might be restrained by them.

Last edited by Maeve Uzumaki on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Village : Unaffiliated
    Clan : Admin

Post by Admin Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi there, many apologies for the wait. We have reviewed your technique and have a few comments to say.

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:
    These chains could also be used to bind the chakra of a target, completely neutralizing their ability to use chakra based techniques.

This should be clarified, does this involve ALL techniques that require chakra, even taijutsu ones?

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:The chains also allow the user to utilize any seal that requires contact though them. So as long as the chains touch the surface the user can place the seal in question. Placing a seal this way increases the cost of the seal by 1 rank.

Hard denied. This is simply too strong of a perk for what the technique already offers, or rather, what you're trying to go for. If you keep the perk of disabling chakra-based techniques, this would give you the advantage of disabling them even further and that would be too strong.

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:The user can also manipulate the chains to erect a barrier.

Is there a size limit for how big this barrier can be?

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:The user's ability to control the chains is governed by the user's Coordination stat.

I notice that in the "Speed" field for this technique, it is listed as A. Is this description meant to reflect how well they can control the chains, or is it meant to also consider speed? if so, you should use the speed field and list that it is coordination based there.

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:Weaknesses: Because there is Fuuinjutsu underlying the chakra chains, they can be nullified like any other fuuinjutsu in accordance with the sealing breaking rules.

Considering that one of the possible perks of the chains is to disable chakra-based techniques, which includes fuuinjutsu, this weakness is a bit redundant.
    Valen Akari
    Valen Akari

Post by Valen Akari Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:37 am

In regards to Chakra Sealing you said

Admin wrote:This should be clarified, does this involve ALL techniques that require chakra, even taijutsu ones?

I was under the impression that taijutsu techniques didn't really utilize chakra more as 'physical stamina'. I've always considered ones CP to be more of an 'overall stamina' gauge that encompasses both physical and chakra.

Now the question is, can this technique completely lock out someone from using Taijutsu? If not then it does limit it's ability to restrain since someone could just boost and break out, with the removal of X tier stats the chains themselves take a massive nerf simply because they were supposed to, canonically, be almost impossible to overpower and break. Capable of holding back the bijuu even.

With the limitations to S rank str and S rank durability none of this becomes difficult any longer. So my question for this is can this also lock out someone from taijutsu options?

-

In regards to your comments on the chains allowing one to place seals through them.

Admin wrote:Hard denied. This is simply too strong of a perk for what the technique already offers, or rather, what you're trying to go for. If you keep the perk of disabling chakra-based techniques, this would give you the advantage of disabling them even further and that would be too strong.

What is 'too strong' in this case? These are a restricted technique and take up a restricted slot. At least according to the restricted guidelines.

Even if the disabling of chakra based techniques is kept as only chakra based and not being able to disable taijutsu I feel the chains need something new to warrant taking up a slot. Otherwise these are little better than their A rank counterpart 'Uzumaki Attacking Chains.' This technique only has a barrier attached to it and a little more strength, durability, and more range added to it. The barrier itself is only S class and thus breakable by the first S rank that hits it. When X rank stats were a thing and required a niche build to hit this wasn't the case because these chains did have S++ Strength and were breakable to X tier strength or greater.

Now however they could have no better than S tier strength and durability (because the ability to break them still has to exist after all) which is frankly, very easy to overcome. Thus I feel some sort of additional benefit needs to be included in order to make these actually worth a restricted slot.

That isn't to say it needs to be the ability to place seal through contact with the chains. I'm open to suggestions, this was simply the first I thought of.

-

In regards to the barrier size

Admin wrote:Is there a size limit for how big this barrier can be?

I copied the base app and made only a few adjustments so I would assume the barrier can be as large as the maximum range (150m). I don't particularly mind limiting this but I'm unsure of how much I need to.

-

In regards to coordination control/speed

Admin wrote:I notice that in the "Speed" field for this technique, it is listed as A. Is this description meant to reflect how well they can control the chains, or is it meant to also consider speed? if so, you should use the speed field and list that it is coordination based there.

The coordination control is not the speed, it's just how well they can control the chains.

-

In regards to the weakness

Admin wrote:Considering that one of the possible perks of the chains is to disable chakra-based techniques, which includes fuuinjutsu, this weakness is a bit redundant.

One doesn't require physical contact to dispell a fuin so far as I know. A seal that dispells fuin in it's area so long as one's intellect is able to do so would suffice on it's own. To that end it is possible to dispel them so long as the person during so isn't caught by the chains. So I disagree that the weakness is redundant and would prefer to keep it.

Now if you're trying to say it needs a different kind of weakness, I'm listening, but obviously hesitant given the limitations on speed and control and how easy it is to actually overpower the tech.

I would also like to say that in multiple points on this I comment that this is a restricted tech and I'm trying to make it feel like one. I would however like to note that I don't mind it not being a restricted tech if ya'll wanted to just take that route which obviously makes the buffs not required.

It's just that as I see it now it's only little better than the A rank counterpart. Even the barrier can only withstand a single S rank tech without breaking and all one needs is a little more strength, which is quite easy to boost in general, to break them and render the tech completely irrelevant. A thing I don't feel should be easy or even commonly doable in most circumstances.
    Akihiro
    Akihiro

Village : Unaffiliated
    Clan : Uchiha

Post by Akihiro Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:In regards to Chakra Sealing you said

I was under the impression that taijutsu techniques didn't really utilize chakra more as 'physical stamina'. I've always considered ones CP to be more of an 'overall stamina' gauge that encompasses both physical and chakra.

Technically Taijutsu techniques consume chakra and in my opinion when we mention a technique that prevents the use of chakra and don't clarify it doesn't affect taijutsu, then it prevents the use of taijutsu as well (given it consumes chakra). As you might understand this is an incredibly powerful ability, which is why it's important to clarify.

In a hypothetical scenario someone could make a case for Taijutsu being affected/not being affected if this isn't specified here.

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:In regards to Chakra Sealing you said
    Now the question is, can this technique completely lock out someone from using Taijutsu? If not then it does limit it's ability to restrain since someone could just boost and break out, with the removal of X tier stats the chains themselves take a massive nerf simply because they were supposed to, canonically, be almost impossible to overpower and break. Capable of holding back the bijuu even.

With the limitations to S rank str and S rank durability none of this becomes difficult any longer. So my question for this is can this also lock out someone from taijutsu options?

I don't think the technique is that weak if you limit it to S-rank strength especially with the removal of X-rank stats.

If you're binding someone with these chains, then in order to unbind themselves a victim will have to overcome the strength applied by the bounds. So reaching S-rank strength is not enough to move or break the chains. At most people would be able to match the strength of your chains and preventing them from moving. But you have eight chains while people generally only have 4 limbs to apply strength with.

Not to mention if their constitution isn't high enough they'll also eventually take damage from applying S-rank str for prolonged periods of time. Or by being squeezes with S-rank str by the chains they couldn't block.

So in no way do I think breaking out of these chains is easy. As a victim you'll be matching your strength and constitution against S-rank Str and S-rank dura on 8 chains. That's not an easy feat to accomplish.

Given these, I don't think the technique needs to prevent Taijutsu techniques from being used. You could however make it so that any Taijutsu techniques used to break out cost +1 rank of chakra capping at S-rank.

What is 'too strong' in this case? These are a restricted technique and take up a restricted slot. At least according to the restricted guidelines.

The problem with applying Fuuinjutsu with these chains is that you're massively boosting the power not of your restricted technique, but of every other fuuinjutsu in existence.
    Restricted Techniques should be powerful, yes. But other techniques can't get a massive boost at the expense of your Restricted.

For example I could easily see myself approving a really strong Fuuin with the drawback of "the surface needs to be in contact with the applier for 2 posts"
    But if you combine your chains with this type of custom, then you're eliminating at least part of of the drawback of another powerful jutsu. See where this can lead to?

Another example would be combining this jutsu with FTG, for example. You're at least partially bypassing a drawback of FTG in battle which is difficulty to apply the seal in combat by using 8 chains with A-rank speed and S-rank str and dura Smile

I copied the base app and made only a few adjustments so I would assume the barrier can be as large as the maximum range (150m). I don't particularly mind limiting this but I'm unsure of how much I need to.
    Yep, but for your own benefit it's a good idea to have details on this.
    You're using chains to make a barrier.
    What shapes can this barrier form? A wall? A dome? All of the above? What size of wall, what radius in dome? Think of all this taking the 150m base into acc. This will prevent "Your barrier can't do X or Y" conflicts in the future.

The coordination control is not the speed, it's just how well they can control the chains.

Then that part is not needed. You can have full control of the chains at A-rank speed without mentioning that.

One doesn't require physical contact to dispell a fuin so far as I know. A seal that dispells fuin in it's area so long as one's intellect is able to do so would suffice on it's own. To that end it is possible to dispel them so long as the person during so isn't caught by the chains. So I disagree that the weakness is redundant and would prefer to keep it.

Pretty sure you need to at least be very close to the fuuinjutsu in order to dispell it, given Kakashi's work of Sasuke's seal back in part 1... but I don't think it's specified here so it's kind of a grey area. I think the weakness should be that the chains don't prevent the use of chakra for the purpose of dispelling them through fuuinjutsu.
    Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Yuki/Tetsudashi

Post by Ann Yuki Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Maeve Uzumaki wrote:Name: Adamantine Sealing Chains
    Power: S
    Activation Cost: 30
    Upkeep Cost: 20
    Range: 0m-150m
    Speed: A
    Element: N/A
    Skill: Fuuinjutsu
    Classification: Exclusive (Uzumaki)
    Requirements: -
    Parent Technique: N/A
    Hand Seals: N/A
    Description: This technique molds the user's chakra into extremely durable chains which can be used for various purposes, such as directly combating or physically restraining their targets — foes even as powerful as a tailed beast. These chains could also be used to bind the chakra of a target, completely neutralizing their ability to use chakra based techniques. Also, taijutsu based techniques cost 1 rank more in chakra (capped at S rank). Should the user strike with the chains they'll have a force of S rank. The user can also manipulate the chains to erect a barrier. This barrier has S grade hardness in terms of durability and can be created a maximum of 120m wide and tall The chains are used to make the frame of the barrier which is then filled in with chakra. This allows the barrier to be versatile in terms of shape, being able to be a dome, a cube, even a cylinder. The chains have a Strength of S making it extremely difficult for almost any shinobi to break out of them using raw strength. Up to 8 chains can be created.
    Weaknesses: Because there is Fuuinjutsu underlying the chakra chains, they can be nullified like any other fuuinjutsu in accordance with the sealing breaking rules. Note, this is the only application of chakra upon the chains that can be utilized from those who might be restrained by them.

Approved

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am