Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

Seraph of the Seikyōkai

Mort
    Mort

Village : Kumogakure
    Clan : Kurama
    Discord Tag : Data_Sora#0001

Seraph of the Seikyōkai Empty Seraph of the Seikyōkai

Post by Mort Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:41 pm

How.

How did place still exist.

Mort had done his research into the Orthodoxy of Jashin back home, and they didn't have proper footing of this degree in Kumogakure until later in his life. And yet, here it was, like nothing had changed, as if it had decided to follow him. The stained glass windows were tinted just like how he recalled them, the materials used the same, everything. Why was it here? Somehow despite the four, no twelve year gap until this place was going to be built the accursed cathedral where he gained his church still existed. Hesitantly, with Ortenaus on his back he'd push open the doors to look inside; to see if there was anyone inside that could give him some insight as to what was going on.

He was greeted by emptiness. The place looked to be abandoned, with signs of jashinist worship having occurred, but nothing truly standing out. Creating a Fusee ball to light the place he'd begin to wander around as he tried to get his bearings. He'd start by walking down the long Nave, his footsteps echoing on the tiled floor from his wooden sandals. In truth while he didn't need the Fusee ball as his eyesight was good enough now to spot things in the dark, he had found out it was one of his mentors techniques and found it's light comforting. as he slowly approached the crossing, he'd stop and take a moment to inspect the pews in their aisles. While there wasn't anything special about the pews themselves, he'd spot a rosary in one of the slots meant to hold scriptures. slipping into the pew he'd pick it up and pocket it before exiting and making his way forward again. That is, until a voice addressed him to stop him dead in his tracks.

"Adults don't normally visit this place anymore mister Chunin."

Nova.

185/185 CP
    Fusee; -1 CP
    184/185 CP
    Mort
    Mort

Seraph of the Seikyōkai Empty Re: Seraph of the Seikyōkai

Post by Mort Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:57 pm

Why was Nova here? That question had been plaguing his mind for the past week now. At first he assumed that the Nova of this time was in fact his own, but now...now he wasn't so sure. He was born in 918, four years before the time he was in now, and, well Nova was a teen from the looks of things. The Kurama had moved to Kumo in order to protect themselves in addition to Kumo taking over the Land of Frost, but as he was told in his later years a big part of the move was to keep him safe due to his ability to conjure physical ailments with his genjutsu. But the Kurama weren't here in as large of a capacity as he expected, so that had changed?

"Hell-loooo! You didn't answer my question Mister!"

Mort would snap back to reality as he was pulled from deep thought as he looked around to try and find the location of the voice. "O-oh, right. Well me and this building have a history with each other, and I was surprised to see it still up." There she was, up in the rafters. Either she had figured out the wall climbing technique, or those wings weren't just for show. "But what about you? I didn't expect to find anyone in here either, yet here we are."

He could hear her shuffle a little bit, though he wasn't sure why. "It reminds me of home. Kumo's nice and all, but I miss the caves in Frost." Okay, so she was indeed a Kurama in some capacity. "You give off a similar energy to the caves and this place. Are you a Kurama as well?" Focusing his sight, he'd spot that the teen would move across the upper walkway to get better sight of him, and he of her.

He'd stare directly into her eldritch eyes. "I am of the Kurama bloodline, and I know of the caves you speak of. I myself have taken Rhan's Trial and came out stronger then when I had entered."
    Mort
    Mort

Post by Mort Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:32 pm

The Yokai would blink a few times before responding to Mort, giving him a look of disbelief and jumped down from the rafters, slowing her fall with her wings before walking up to him and pointing at his chest. "Bull, only the clan head knows the location of Rhan's Cavern and he's already got a next in line."

He'd shrug, not surprised that the clan here had the same traditions as the old one before the Epsilon War. "The clan head and the candidates were the only one who used to know the location, not that I plan on telling anyone where it is anyways. That knowledge is safer not being known by those who can't handle the cave's power anyways." The caves weren't safe by any means, the time he went in was...harrowing to say the least.

Lowering her finger, she'd make a face that resembled an angry pout before going over to sit on the top of a pew. "If only the head and candidates would know, then why haven't I heard of you?"

Another shrug from the Kurama wonder. "Simple, the clan doesn't know I'm a Kurama yet, or at least they wouldn't've until a month or so ago. And with the majority still in Frost, news of my lineage probably hasn't become public knowledge yet." It was a safty precaution at the time, but he had used his middle name as his last during the journey, a safeguard as he made his way to Kumo. "But I'm okay with people knowing now, Hoki can't really do much about me anyways given I'm one of the Children of Umare anyways."
    Mort
    Mort

Post by Mort Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:48 pm

He could already see the cogs in Nova's mind turn as she processed what he just said, a clear indicator that she knew what he was referring to. It wasn't a common thing the know, the Children of Umare outside of the clan, though it was better known as the Kurama clan's Kekkei Genkai to outsiders. it had several other names, the Children of Umare, the Blessed Ones, the Touched; each originating from different stories, but they were all the same thing as he had found out over time as clan head and delving into the Epsilon War.

After a good while, Nova would speak up. Once again eyeing him with some suspicion. "You make a lot of strange claims sir, why are you even telling me these things?" It was a valid question, even if she had been the one who had asked him, his forthcoming with the info would seem suspicious.

His response didn't take long to come up with, the answer something he was already thinking. "Simple, you remind me of myself at a younger age." He'd do a quick arm stretch before making his way out of the cathedral. "If you want to learn more about the Kurama and our history, I'll be here tomorrow. Even if you don't I can see great things in you Nova." Making it to the door, he'd turn back to her, seeing the question that she was about to ask he'd raise his hand to stop her.

"Right, almost forgot, the name's Mōtimā Midori-Okō Kurama, Sword Seraph of the Seikyōkai. Mort will probably be easier to remember though, take care kid and may the Will of Lightning empower you to your next destination in life."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content