Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

+5
Luna Yamamoto
Ryuko
Haruko Kaguya
Fen
Manji
9 posters

Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock

Manji
    Manji

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Kaguya
    Discord Tag : Manji

Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock Empty Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock

Post by Manji Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:09 am

I actually spent a good amount of time trying to cite the rules but didn't find it. So if someone could do that I would appreciate.

We all know the thread limit is 3 threads. This can ONLY be bypassed via Flashback threads. I'm proposing we increase the thread limit, HOWEVER, also impose a travel lock.

This meaning, you cannot RP in another area until travel has been indicated. Travel cannot be initiated unless ALL PREVIOUS THREADS IN THAT AREA, are closed. This would prevent people from leaving their home village to go scout to whatever, and the event they get invaded in a past thread before they leave home, while they are traveling somewhere else. Liquid time is dangerous y'all.

I also propose a lock on mission threads. From what I've seen, people juggle socials into a mission for more EXP. I personally don't like it, but to each their own.

My proposed changes are:
    3 Active Threads -> 5 Active Threads + 1 Mission Thread Slot

Update on travel rules. It mostly states how to deal with traveling, but no hard lock on threads from an area you are no longer in.
    Bonus:
    Increase FB topic cap to 5 threads.
    Because a lot of people, myself included were told recently FB topic counts were unlimited.

Last edited by Bones! on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Fen
    Fen

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock Empty Re: Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock

Post by Fen Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am

Why not do a escalating experience reduction - to elminate threads all together -

Such as Threads 1-3 = Full Experinence

4-7 = Gain 1/2 as much experience

8-10 = Gain 1/4th as much experience

11+ = Gain no experience

That way - members can help each other - without bogging down the site too much on waiting for 3 active people in a village to do everything.
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Clan : Kaguya/Yuki
    Discord Tag : Jacobi

Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock Empty Re: Suggestion : Thread Limit Increase + Travel Lock

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:39 am

Increasing the thread limit, I agree with fully.

The other stuff, I disagree with fully. Lets go with a direct example happening right now...

So the other day this whole Suna-Kiri alliance plotline popped up pretty suddenly. All of a sudden, an A rank Mission became available for a whole 2 people in Sunagakure--Azuma (me), and Ei (Chigetsu)...literally the only two who can do it. Now, if you're proposed 'travel lock' was in place, BOTH of us would've been unable to do the mission, literally. We're in threads in Sunagakure, including one together, that isn't finished yet. I'm in a mission waiting on others to post as well. Can't expect us to have to stay and just completely unable to go on the first A-Rank Mission available in Sunagakure just cause some threads have been moving slowly...

Or another current example--my Kumo nin. He left Kumogakure, still part of the village--didn't become a Missing Nin or some shit. AFTER I had him leave, a topic came up I really wanted to be a part of. So, me and him agree'd to do a flashback topic...so my Kumo nin could be in the thread. With your proposed travel lock, we'd be out that fun and character development.

"From what I've seen, people juggle socials into a mission for more EXP. I personally don't like it, but to each their own."
    I guess I count as one of the 'to each their own' cause I have zero issue with a Mission having some plot to it. As long as the Mission gets complete, the fact there is 'some socializing' in it shouldn't matter--period. For the average RPer here, experience doesn't come fast, and trying to slow it down further by limiting us to 1 Mission thread only, and "Oh it can't have ANY story that can be considered socializing" meaning less posts is absolutely backwards thinking. So what, my character who has NEVER met the person they are doing a Mission with is expected to act like a robot and just straight do the mission and not spend some time to get to know who they are working with? No.

I am all for raising the thread limit to 5 threads...but the rest of that is a horrible idea. One step forward, three steps back. Not progressing, just regressing. Just making it harder for others to train up. Sure, I and a few others post enough to gain experience fairly quickly, but others don't, there are peeps with year old characters weaker then my week old Genin because they don't have the time to post like I do...and to limit them even further, slowing their progress further, isn't helping anyone.

The idea of 'if someone invades the past topic' is a moot point. That can happen regardless--both the old way and your proposed new idea.

I can not support those ideas at all. Progress is already slow enough without throwing random pointless limitations on stuff to make it even slower. Part of why I like Gladius is because the grind is slow enough to still be meaningful and have people feel accomplished with what they did, but not so slow that its a boring grind fest with people progressing at a snails pace...don't ruin that.

Any rule that is designed to slow people's progression is a bad idea, without question.
    Manji
    Manji

Post by Manji Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:07 am

Fen wrote:Why not do a escalating experience reduction - to elminate threads all together -

Such as Threads 1-3 = Full Experinence

4-7 = Gain 1/2 as much experience

8-10 = Gain 1/4th as much experience

11+ = Gain no experience

That way - members can help each other - without bogging down the site too much on waiting for 3 active people in a village to do everything.
    read flashback thread rules.
    You can pass the limit this way, at basically half EXP.

... well like 5xp.

As for the travel lock, the only exception would be flashback topics. You left the village, you're out now.

iirc, getting invaded in a flashback turned into some dream BS rules, so you'd be immune from liquid time shenanigans.

not saying people SHOULDN'T social in a mission, but people are just "Why would we social when we can just do a mission, drag it out a few pages for juicy XP?"

I do think the travel update in concept would be great and should be done, but at its current stage no. I know it's gonan fuck shit up as is. Def needs refinmenent.

As for thread cap increase:
    - 5 Threads, yes good.
    - Mission slots either as a +1 locked slot (only for missions), or have it count in the total as is.

But mostly the thread cap increase is the main, uh, argument out of my 3 things.
    Ryuko
    Ryuko

Village : Kumogakure
    Discord Tag : Ryuko

Post by Ryuko Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:57 pm

This is just my perspective and not binding in any way but I'm not sure what's wrong with only being able to have 3 threads. I mean if you want more then that there's already flashbacks they just don't grant as much exp.

A lot of people also have alt characters so if one character is tied up they have something else progress with in the mean time.

Basically I guess my question here is what does 2 more threads even accomplish?
    Manji
    Manji

Post by Manji Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Ryuko wrote:This is just my perspective and not binding in any way but I'm not sure what's wrong with only being able to have 3 threads.  I mean if you want more then that there's already flashbacks they just don't grant as much exp.

A lot of people also have alt characters so if one character is tied up they have something else progress with in the mean time.

Basically I guess my question here is what does 2 more threads even accomplish?  
    People who want to RP with more people. It's not about the EXP, but the amount of people who can thread with.

That's also why i mentioned mission thread slots.

but the main point is the proposed 5 limit.
    Luna Yamamoto
    Luna Yamamoto
    Admin

Village : Konohagakure
    Clan : Clanless

Post by Luna Yamamoto Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:52 am

Regarding this suggestion...

I've stated my thoughts of this numerous times. I feel the overall activity of an RP site should naturally demand more thread slots. When Gladius first started we were at a humble 1 IRT thread and up to 2 FB threads. That worked perfectly fine at that time. As Gladius grew and more people joined we later adopted the 3 IRT thread rule and limitless FB threads. But it was until the past few months did we get even more people, and it is in this moment I feel Gladius can afford to open up two more additional IRL threads.

My primary issue with Flashbacks in general (the concept aside) is the site essentially punishing members for being active by putting what is basically a speedbump towards EXP progression. People's activity varies, and I can name at least a couple sites that practice limitless thread slots. I don't believe there is any issue with adding two more slots, and any issue that may potentially come from having two more thread slots can be easily prevented with some rule tweaks.

As for this suggestion, if enough members express their thoughts on this thread agreeing to the cap increase it will be considered.
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:01 pm

5 threads total/ 3 missions possible/ 1 solo mission possible.

Just my non trolly opinion.
    Raijin
    Raijin

Village : Sunagakure
    Clan : Cursed One

Post by Raijin Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:08 pm

I think it's fine as it is. No problem with five threads though not a large leap.
    Shira
    Shira

Clan : Yurei

Post by Shira Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm

I personally think Flashbacks should be safe threads.

You're already taking less experience for the chance to have a story you wanna tell, why should you lose EXP and still have your story ruined by some Temp-RPer who wants to troll?

Safe thread basically means you can't join the thread without the thread poster's permission.

I'm also for increasing the IRT limit of threads because I think limiting activity is silly in general if people wanna post. Just have a quality tax reduce EXP if someone's topics come across as grindy. Even a small skim can help you figure out what's grind and what's actually trying to write a story. WC =/= Quality no matter how many times people scream that. Increasing the IRT limit is a good compromise, because I would honestly argue for no limits (I'm a chaotic anarchist like that).

Topics that are officially "Death-Enabled" meaning someone's OOC indicating that your character is at risk of serious injury if not death halts you from making any new IRT threads. This prevents you from cheesing the timeline into some weird paradox where you existed after you died but then got Days of Future Past'd out of it.
    Kitsuki Kurahasa
    Kitsuki Kurahasa

Post by Kitsuki Kurahasa Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Flashbacks should definitely always be safe and others shouldn't be able to join without permission barring some bizarre or egregious circumstance.

I don't think increasing thread count is necessary though. I think three is a good balance. If you want to RP with more people you can via flashback. I think flashbacks are unlimited. The wonkiness if five seperate IRT threads isn't worth it.
    Manji
    Manji

Post by Manji Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:01 pm

FBs should def function as a "Inv to join" at least, for that person. There are weird cases, but thats for a another time.

As for the "Well you can just FB" instead of raising the cap, is the same argument to say "Why have a thread limit at all?

Well, if you want to just have a bunch of them, what difference would 2 more make, other than people who want to progress developement?

If you can't manage your timeline with 5 threads, then you can't manage FB threads. You shouldn't FB then.
    Shira
    Shira

Clan : Yurei

Post by Shira Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Manji wrote:FBs should def function as a "Inv to join" at least, for that person. There are weird cases, but thats for a another time.

As for the "Well you can just FB" instead of raising the cap, is the same argument to say "Why have a thread limit at all?

Well, if you want to just have a bunch of them, what difference would 2 more make, other than people who want to progress developement?

If you can't manage your timeline with 5 threads, then you can't manage FB threads. You shouldn't FB then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:01 pm