Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

A Mission With a New Partner (Private)

Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Village : Iwagakure
    Clan : No u
    Discord Tag : Malyaska#2258

A Mission With a New Partner (Private) Empty A Mission With a New Partner (Private)

Post by Morithar Alaris Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Imported from here

Akari would listen intently to Tengoku’s words, taking in everything that he had said and committing it to memory. “I see, well I hope that we can get through this with as few deaths as possible. Is five hundred meters enough distance to keep under their radar if we shift to downwind though?” She would ask curious as to the range most wolves could smell, or even hear them. The wolf was an incredibly efficient creature, it’s body could travel for days without rest if they wanted and if they had truly wanted they could’ve been out of the country by now. Given how long it would’ve taken Tengoku and Akari to get there. They could also be exceptionally dangerous if one wasn’t careful however between the two shinobi they had far too many advantages that the wolves simply didn’t have. Her Sharingan, admittedly being one of them.

The Uchiha would meet the eyes of the wolf boy and give a small smirk. It was time for them to get going. “Well, you’re the tracker out of the two of us Tengoku, please, lead on.” She would say. It was time for them to get going. She wanted to get this done before anyone got hurt or more damage was done to the local livestock. A pack of wolves were efficient hunters, and generally only hunted for need. If this pack had started hunting for its own sport then the damage it alone could do would be catastrophic to the local populace. Especially if the wolves got a taste for people. Akari hoped that Tenkgoku was right and that the leader simply needed to be dealt with, either by taking it down or him convincing it to change its ways. A thought occurred to Akari. “If we have to fight the leader, and you did it and won. Would this pack we’re hunting become yours?” She asked, a curious idea forming. If Tengoku had a pack of his own, it might make him more confident in general. That’d be good, right?
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

A Mission With a New Partner (Private) Empty Re: A Mission With a New Partner (Private)

Post by Tengoku Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:43 pm

Tengoku would listen to her concern and frown a little. She wasn't wrong really. Wolves did have good senses. Still he would hesitate a moment. Lacking conviction enough to speak like he knew much. "They will be able to smell us before we get that close but at that distance we mingle with the stronger scents around us. We won't be close enough to pose a threat and neither of us are bleeding so we won't register as prey quickly. Staying downwind of them just makes our scent less potent. We will be able to track them before we get close enough to alarm them. Because we have to commit once we get too close. We won't be able to outrun the pack all the way back to the village and aid. They won't tire as fast as we do."

She would insinuate that it was time to fill his role here and he couldn't disagree. He didn't like talking as much as doing something. He wasn't very good at talking. He always mixed up his words or said things that bothered people. It was a relief to break away from the conversation long enough to move into the forest and sniff around. His ears twitching as he looked around. Making slow progress until he knelt down and collected a small tuft of fur next to a branch hanging low. He would put to his nose and inhale before getting the scent. Finally he would start tracking them for real. He would raise to his full height and look around before spotting signs of a pack passing through. Small scratches here and there that for him were like a lit pathway for them to follow. He would wait a moment as he felt the wind once more to be sure. They would be downwind starting from there so there was luck on their side. He would wave his hand for her to follow as he stayed focused on the trail. It was slow moving but wolves were usually nocturnal. Chances were the pack wasn't moving around much at the moment. Still she would speak again and he would turn and blink at her. A small frown on his lips as his other ear twitched now. His hand moving to rub the back of his neck. "I mean I guess maybe? I would have had to defeated the alpha on my own and even then the pack would have to accept me. And I...well...if I showed any weakness...one of em might... like...challenge me for alpha I guess."

Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

A Mission With a New Partner (Private) Empty Re: A Mission With a New Partner (Private)

Post by Morithar Alaris Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Akari would nod her head in understanding at Tengoku's answer to her question. "I understand, so they'll pick us up, but we won't be important to them in any meaningful way and the goal is to try to keep them that way." She would say, also understanding that once they got too close they would have to commit one way or the other. To not would be far too dangerous. Once he picked up the scent, using a tuft of fur he'd found on a low hanging branch it would be simple enough to track them she wagered. She would follow his lead, keeping her own perceptions open to any potential threads or dangers. "Would that be something you wanted? You're welcome to try, but I'd like to settle it before we get there. Like you said once we get too close we'll have to commit one way or the other. I don't mind letting you take the lead in this, back you up if you need it. However I can't say I know wolves as well as you do. So you'd have to tell me if I needed to step in and start cutting them down." She would say.

It did not matter to her one way or the other if Tengoku wanted to try to take down the alpha of the pack on his own. If he lost, the wolves would still have to be dealt with. However letting him try would afford them a chance to save most of the pack. Hell it might even give her temporary mission partner a confidence boost. If she were to compare Tengoku to someone like her brother, he wouldn't even be on the scale of measure. What kind of person would she be if she didn't at least try to remedy that? It was however his decision, if he didn't feel like he could win, then trying had little meaning. He would already be defeated psychologically.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 pm

Tengoku would move at a fairly decent speed through the forest. He was lithe and quick but he didn't seem to move as if he wanted to be doing what they were doing. He would focus on his sensory and expand it to it's full length as they ran. She trailed behind him but he knew she was in charge of this mission. He would listen to her speak and his silver eyes took in their surroundings as they moved. Careful of where he was going as if everything was in slow motion to him. Details easy to pick out even moving at C rank speed. He could go a little faster but he wasn't trying to push himself too hard. If they had to fight he didn't want to have to catch his breath. Instead he would feel through his sensory. Feeling out everything in the woods for five hundred meters around them. Her question remained silently unanswered a moment as they flew through the forest shrubbery. Bushes lightly scratching at his legs with no effect. He would slide to a stop as suddenly he picked them up. He could feel the pack. Only four of them but one was considerably bigger.

He would lower his voice as he knew that five hundred meters meant it was time to stalk and get closer. He would have liked to cover their scent a bit more but he could tell they were still fairly relaxed. He would hold up a hand as to signal a halt for a moment. "They are just within the five hundred meter range now. Four of them. They are relaxing in the open. Likely with a full belly from last nights hunt. Even rabid they won't starve themselves. As for the alpha...." He hesitated a moment before looking down at the sword on his hip. He would take a deep breath and square his shoulders. Standing his full height as he focused on pushing his insecurities down. As he did a little bit of electricity lightly crackled between his fingers on his sword but he didn't seem to notice. Finally he spoke with his tone still being quiet. "I can do it. When we get there make yourself as big as possible. Any sign of weakness and they might attack. Once I am engaged with the alpha though they shouldn't make a move. They don't interrupt battles for alpha. Its....tradition."
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:18 pm

Akari would follow Tengoku closely, keeping far enough apart to not trip him or anything stupid like that. Boy wouldn't that be awkward? As he stopped, so did she. Crouching down low to keep herself as small as possible. She would listen to the wolf boy, nodding her head in understanding. She would copy his tone, lowered voice and all. "I understand." She would say, before he paused, looked down at the sword he wore at his hip and took in a deep breath. Then he'd square his shoulders and internally the Uchiha clan member would smile as she saw him steel himself to fight. He had decided that he could do this after all.

He would confirm this moments after, although she would mentally blanch at the idea of 'making herself as big as possible.' That simply wasn't easy when you're like 120 lbs and all of 5'4. Although she supposed that was only to human standard. To the size of your average wolf, she about about 25 lbs heavier and taller. Although they were longer, it would be hard to decide which would win out. Considering, she'd decide to rest her hand upon her blade and activate her sharingan. The black tomoe upon the sea of red blinking into existence. It wouldn't make her any larger or anything, but it would add a warning instinct of danger to anything that relied on their instincts so heavily. Like that of an animal, particularly that of a rabid one. "Whenever you're ready then. If I need to step in, tell me. I'll take them down" She'd say, giving him the 'ok' to do what he wanted but warning him to tell if her if he felt it got out of hand.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:01 pm

Tengoku felt a sense of relief wash over him a little as she mentioned that she would take down the wolf if he started losing. He didn't want any of the wolves to die that didn't have to. But he also feared the idea of dying. He would nod but avoid looking to her. His confidence was fragile without his sister around and for now all he could do was swallow his doubt. It was audible when he swallowed and he could hear his heart pounding. He took in a deep breath through his nose as he steadied himself. Avoiding a panic attack as he forced himself to be steel. Unbending before this threat. He needed to get stronger for Tsukiyo. If she was going to gain enough power to do anything she dreamed of he needed to be ready to handle her enemies. A wolf, even an alpha wouldn't have anything on some of the enemies they would obtain. There was a pressure there for him to live up to. He would feel his jaw locking as he clenched it and forced himself to visibly relax. Turning his head to one side as he cracked his neck. Silver eyes closing a moment as he spoke.

"They will know we are coming before we get there. But if you follow where I step, we can move silently and gain enough ground that they won't have time to surround us before we arrive." He would open his silver eyes and focus now. It was like all the doubt melted off of him and suddenly he stood like someone far stronger than the boy a moment ago. His ears flattened as the hair on the back of his neck rose. His silver eyes more like a wolves now than a human. He had always been closer to animals than man. Suddenly he was moving. Each step landed away from any twigs or leaves. Soft moss or grass picking up light foot steps as he moved almost silently. He was keeping tabs on the pack as they drew close and the pack noticed them too late. They covered four hundred and fifty meters undetected. The last fifty meters was too quick for the wolves to do more than get to their full height and snarl at them. Tengoku stepped into the clearing like a dark being towering over them. He would slowly draw his sword and make eye contact with the biggest one. An alpha Wolf with one eyes and scars on it's body. The wolf would snarl and snap at Tengoku but Tengoku would point his sword and the alpha and snarl back.
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Akari would wait patiently, for him to collect himself. This entire time she'd seen he was generally awkward and unsure. So she was more than willing to give him the time he needed to steel his mind against the task. He was being thrust into unknown waters, and while he had a metaphorical lifeboat in Akari herself. The only way he could attain victory was via his own actions. Even if he called for her assistance and she took down the wolves immediately. It wouldn't be his victory unless he took down the alpha. Even if the pack didn't choose him, they wouldn't be able to deny that he'd taken down their leader. They would have to respect that. These next few moments could very well provide a stepping stone for Tengoku to progress as a shinobi. As well as an individual.

So it certainly wouldn't bother her to give him the courtesy of a few fucking moments to collect himself.

When he spoke she would nod in understanding before smirking as he finished readying himself for what was to come. Ears flattened, eyes sharpened. He was more beast than man internally now, but that was fine. Given his features, it was probably for the best for the moment. Then he moved, and she would follow closely once more. Using her sharingan to great advantage when it came to keeping up with his individual steps. With it, ensuring that she stepped exactly as he did was absolute child's play. As they arrived, she would stand ready, hand upon the hilt as she settled into a stance. She had considered using the transformation technique to become something larger. However that didn't account for scent, and the wolves would know it was a trick based on that sense alone. That made it too risky to try. She was better off just trying to look as threatening as she could to a wild animal, and if a hand upon the hilt of a weapon didn't look threatening to anything then the person or animal was probably too stupid to matter in the first place.

The alpha of the pack, a huge thing with scars on it's body, would snarl at Tengoku, it's attention focused on him. Akari's eyes would unfocus, taking in everything at once, and ready for any minute movement. Tengoku would draw his sword and snarl back at the alpha. The game was on now, and Akari simply wished she could speak as they did so she could understand them.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:07 pm

Tengoku would find his challenge accepted. The other wolves snarled but backed up a little. Both from a combination of a bark from the alpha and even the wolves could feel the overbearing presence of the sharingan. They didn't want to go anywhere near that. Most people didn't either. However Tengoku's focus couldn't be on the other wolves or the woman who accompanied him and was his safety blanket from the worst case scenario. Instead his eyes focused on the eye of the large wolf across from him. He could see the bits of foam around the corner of this ones mouth. Rabid was the truth of this one. He could see the madness behind that eye. He could see this one was too far gone and if Tengoku didn't do something about it others were going to get hurt or this whole pack would have to die. He was watching and waiting. Every shift of muscle, every heckle that rose and fell. They began to circle each other in unison as Tengoku slowly shifted into a two handed grip on his Katana and centered it on front of him. He was only prepared in stance for a moment before the wolf made the first move.

The Wolf snarled and lunged forward. Fangs bared for Tengoku as the intent to kill was clear. It wasn't moving to hobble him. It was going in for the kill. Tengoku darted to the side quickly and turned. Raising his Katana to slash down only for the Wolf to dig in with its claws and burst out from being cut. Turning and dashing back at Tengoku. Ten would thrust the katana forward in a stab but the Wolf shifted as only it's cheek got nicked with a splatter of blood on the nearby tree. It went to snap at Tengoku's heel this time only to see Tengoku launch away and over his head with a spinning motion. Before he could land the alpha had already planted its paws and launched itself to snap at where Tengoku would be. As Tengoku landed he spun so the katana moved up to clash with the Big Wolves teeth. For a second the two struggled there with saliva dripping down the blade. Suddenly Tengoku would snarl and lightning would surge up the blade in a blue flash. The alpha would be stunned with a yelp as it tried to launch itself back. Exposing it's chest.

Ten spun around and thrust the katana forward. Piercing into the wolf and charging it backwards until he slammed it into a tree and pierced through into the bark of the tree. The alpha would spurt blood out from its fangs before going limp there pinned to the tree. Tengoku would pant a moment as sweat dripped down his brow. His hands shaking as he held onto the hilt for balance. That fight had been quick but he had to give it his everything. As if he was watching himself from a different pair of eyes he flashed back through the fight before looking up. Something had drawn his attention. He looked down to see one of the three remaining wolves had nudged his leg. They had not cared for the madness either but had to obey. Now they were recognizing him. All three moved slowly over to him and sat down. However even having gone mad they had to mourn their lost pack mate. The memory of the way he was. One by one they threw their head back and howled as Tengoku stood to his full height and let his own head fall back silently. Victory.
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:29 am

Akari would watch the fight with her Sharingan, the smaller wolves backed off, giving the two combatants room to fight. Tengoku's focus remained upon the scarred wolf, the alpha of the pack. The foam at the mouth of the beast led one to believe that the beast was rabid and simply wanted to kill as much as it could. The two moved around each other in a circle, the great wolf at one point coming within easy striking distance of Akari's sword. However she would refrain from movement. She had told Tengoku that he could handle this if he wanted, and he had chosen to do so. This fight would be his until he needed help, if, he needed help. Her partner shifted his grip on his katana into a two handed grip, going for more power. A sure cut, that would hopefully kill in the first blow. A risky strategy, but probably the one best suited to this scenario.

When he finished shifting his grip, the wolf snarled and lunged, it's powerful body springing forward with lethal intent. It didn't want to simply deliver a debilitating wound. It wanted to end the fight, the crush the 'foolish pup' that had dared challenge him. Tengoku would move to the side at his best speed, Akari's eyes making the motion easy to follow and it even allowed her to see what the next movements of the two would be. Tengoku's slash down would be avoided, the counter attack would result in a minor wound upon the wolf as it narrowly avoided a stab. The attempt to bite him at the feet would result in a jump and spin. The land, the clash of fang and blade, the electrical discharge, and then her eyes saw it before it even occurred. The abrupt end to the duel of savagery as Tengoku slide his blade into the wolf down to the hilt and pinned it's body to a tree. A small burst of blood would erupt from the wolves mouth and Akari's sharingan would deactivate, her own hand leaving her hilt.

Tengoku panted heavily, which wasn't much of a shock to Akari, fighting at all was tiring work, even a few seconds of frantic, life threatening movement could leave you exhausted. The other three wolves would begin to move toward Tengoku, and Akari's hand would find her hilt once more, resting upon it in preparation to back Tengoku up in the event of an ambush. However it never came. One of the wolves had nudged his leg to get his attention. It was clear that the three animals were recognizing him as their new alpha. The three beasts sat down and let loose a haunting howl in mourning for their dead comrade. He might have lost his mind, but they had been a member of the pack long before that had happened. Tengoku silently let his own head fall back and Akari waited patiently for a few minutes before speaking. "Well done, you now have a pack of your own. How does it feel?" She would ask, wondering about the potential change that could occur within the man.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm

Tengoku would let his breathing relax as his sweat dripped slowly down the back of his neck. He had pushed himself over a few seconds of fighting but had managed to come out not only on top but entirely unscathed. Sure it hadn't been against another person but he had won. He had managed to overcome an adversary on his own. He wanted to yell. To scream out his victory battle cry but he wouldn't be able to do anything like that in front of another person. Instead she asked him a question which quickly brought him back from his own thoughts to reality. He would look down now as the three wolves were looking to him expectantly. He would growl lightly under his breath and there was a moment before all three moved to the side and started to dig as a pack of wolves into the dirt. Tengoku would pull his katana free before wiping the blade on a rather fuzzy leaf nearby as he sheathed it and pulled out a smaller knife designed for skinning animals. Already setting to work gathering the fur. It was the only part of the wolf he intended to put to use. Never simply killing an animal without need.

"I feel responsible for the death of another....even if....if they were beyond saving. I am going to collect the skin and we are going to bury him...I um...thank you for coming along. I will report in later and hopefully we can t....talk again sometime."

Exit thread
    8 mission posts for 160 exp
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 am

She would watch as in response to her question he looked down at the three wolves and gave a small growl at them. In response to what was obviously a command from their new alpha, the pack meandered over to a plot nearby and began to busy themselves with digging a grave for their fallen comrade. It was a respectful gesture, and one that Akari could sympathize with. While she had never had to bury anyone. She felt as if she had been in their shoes, that she too would have acted similarly. Or would she? It was a question to ponder later. For now, it was of little relevance what she would or wouldn't do in their situation. For regardless this was a task that had to be done within their pack. That meant that it was a task that she would be suitably unwelcome for.

Tengoku more or less said as such when he spoke of 'we' in referring to him and his pack. He would skin the animal first, it's skin probably becoming some form of trophy. Actually no, wolves didn't do trophies did they? No, the skin would be used for something, incorporated into armour of some kind. That would probably get the most use out of it for him.

"Of course, I look forward to speaking with you again Tengoku-san. I'll be off then." She would say, giving a small wave in farewell before turning and moving into the trees to head back to the village. The mission had ended up involving her not doing too much. Which was certainly different from the norm. However she found she could deal with that with surprising flexibility.

Exit
    8 Posts, 160 EXP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 am