Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

+3
Jess the Plague
Shimiko Chinoike
Luna Yamamoto
7 posters

Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested

Luna Yamamoto
    Luna Yamamoto
    Admin

Village : Konohagakure
    Clan : Clanless

Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested Empty Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested

Post by Luna Yamamoto Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:19 am

We are considering a Taijutsu Buff to increase the potential of investing into the Taijutsu Skill. The buff will look like what is listed below:

• All Taijutsu Technique will be registered as if they were 1 rank lower.
    • If a character has the Taijutsu Skill, they will benefit from the perk in addition to this reduction.
    • Taijutsu Technique apped at 1 CP and when used in addition to the Taijutsu Skill perk will have their cost reduced to 0.5 CP (C-rank Taijutsu Styles and all D-rank Taijutsu Technique.)

What does this accomplish: Currently, Taijutsu is considered an inferior Physical Style compared to Kenjutsu/Bukijutsu/Kyujutsu for a lot of minor reasons, but cost being the largest concern. Currently, other Physical Styles such as Ken/Buki easily benefit from Items that provide stat boosts, being either Coordination or Strength. Assuming this item is S-rank, this is a free +1 Tier Boost.

In addition, all Psy Styles share the same cost reductions. So what are you getting with other Psy Styles?

• Item Damage: For Ken/Buki/Kyu, your item does all the work. This means a D-Class Genin is capable of fairly high potential by being given an S-rank sword. Not only is the Item very powerful, but the Genin is capable of boosting with it and benefits from a passive +1 Tier boost. A Taijutsu user's damage output is entirely based on their stats. This means, boosting-wise, if they have D-tier Strength the highest they can boost their Strength to is B-tier (due to the generic buff rules.)

• Stat Investment: A Kenjutsu user with a good sword only needs to invest in Coordination to be proficient with the weapon (we are not including Perception since that's an essential stat in this scenario.) Taijutsu users must invest in Coordination, Strength, and Constitution. Strength is obviously damage output, Constitution is to preserve yourself when using high Strength, and Coordination is to actually hit your target.

• Minor Perks: This is primarily range potential and mechanisms in your item. Bukijutsu users can utilize ranged weapons with their Skill attacking Taijutsu users far before they can reach the other Psy Style user. Additionally, using a weapon such as a spear or sword grants you the range advantage in general. This is also not including hidden compartments and mechanisms which can be installed in your weapons.

If you agree with the disadvantages regarding Taijutsu, do you agree the CP reduction buff is the appropriate way to tackle it? If not, what other methods would you suggest? If you don't agree with the disadvantages, what is your input on it? This is an open discussion.
    Shimiko Chinoike
    Shimiko Chinoike

Village : Kumogakure
    Clan : Chinoike

Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested Empty Re: Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested

Post by Shimiko Chinoike Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:37 am

This is not a good idea. I can say one of the biggest problems when it comes to OPness (and this is true of any RP that relies on a stat based system) is that boosting becomes heavily relied upon. To some degree, that is completely inevitable, however, there are steps that can be taken to mitigate it. Making boosting costly is one of those things.

Allowing a Taijutsu user to boost +2 Tiers for FIVE CP will lead to some severely broken builds and stacking combinations. Alternatively, people will be able to buff by a Tier and a ++ for 3 CP. 1 Tier and a Plus for 1 CP.

I cannot stress how bad of an idea this is. This is especially true in a world where natty S can be buffed to X-Rank. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

I think the concerns about Taijutsu vs the other Physical Styles have some degree of merit but I think some of the analysis is a bit flawed.

For example, the concept that only those with item based physical styles can benefit from such stat buffs. This is demonstrably false. Anyone can wear armour even a Taijutsu user. If you make an S-Rank armour that grants you a Tier boost you will have the same benefit as any other Buki/Ken/Kyu person. And I beleive we capped the number of items that can grant such boosts so Buki/Ken/Kyu people don't necessarily don't have a leg up in that regard.

Investing in more stats makes you a better and more well-rounded character. The experience you invest into Constitution will help you tank blows, take poison, and endure ninjutsu loosed against you. Its not like its sole purpose is to prevent you from injuring yourself when hitting with powerful blows.

That is true that weapons grant an insane amount of versatility in comparison to being limited to one's body. There is no disputing that at all. But keep in mind, if that spear breaks or is stolen and your character requires that object to perform their requisite style then their greatest strength becomes a potential vulnerability.

Now all that being said, I STILL agree Taijutsu could use a wee bit of a buff to make it better. I propose a couple of things:

- Allow Taijutsu Maneuver Specific Techniques to be registered at one rank lower. As it stands, Only physical styles are registered that way by allowing Maneuver specific techniques to be regged at one rank lower you give Taijutsu a bit of a buff without allowing something insane like +2 Tier Tai Styles that cost 5 CP per post.

So what you could have is a Taijutsu Super Punch (Maneuver Specific Technique) which boosts Strength by two tiers that instead of costing 30 CP would only cost 20 CP, and with the Taijutsu reduction that makes it 10 CP.

Much more reasonable than a Taijutsu STYLE that boosted +2 Tiers for 5 CP per post.

I think the key to making sure this doesn't get out of hand is to ensure that these maneuvers have a definitive start and end point. For example, Leaf Whirlwind.

- Tighten restrictions on Intel buffed people learning Tai. I think this is very sensible considering having high Intelligence shouldn't necessarily make you a karate master. I think the other fields Ninjutsu/Genjutsu are better points for Intel's learning perk to be applied.
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested Empty Re: Potential Taijutsu Buff?: Member Input Requested

Post by Jess the Plague Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:08 am

Boost Tai theres a reason i took Buki instead.
    Manji
    Manji

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Kaguya
    Discord Tag : Manji

Post by Manji Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:30 pm

it's smarter to just dump into Speed & STR, than to use any Tai.

Tai is lame. plz boost
    Astaroth
    Astaroth

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Post by Astaroth Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:17 pm

Personally I wouldn't mind the point of stat investment getting focused on.

With archery, they have access to a relatively unique buff at a certain stat thresh-hold. I wouldn't mind seeing that globalised a little bit, and rewarding strength or some other stat investment for taijutsu.

Relatively speaking it could use some love. But I would probably structure it in such a way that it isn't something people can 'dip' into and be rewarded for abusing like with a very surface level skill perk.

I haven't been around here long enough to comment on how fights are resolved, which would be the first place I'd look for buffing the skill.

Tl;dr, it could use some love but I'll be using tai regardless.
    Uchiha Yui
    Uchiha Yui

Village : Konohagakure
    Clan : Uchiha

Post by Uchiha Yui Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:25 pm

As probably the most Tai user on the site, I agree it needs some buffs but NO WAY should it give two-tier buff for five cp. I can't even imagine what sort of insanity that would make someone like Blast Yui. I do like the tai reduction cost idea though overall. Also instead of saying a person needing Intel for learning tai sooner swap that to another stat like if you have a physical stat B or higher. You don't need to be smart to learn Taijutsu it's all through training and physical stats are a way to show your training.
    Masaru
    Masaru

Village : Iwagakure
    Clan : Tetsudashi Tatsuda
    Discord Tag : @Raphael#7563

Post by Masaru Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Just wanna put my two-cents in here, namely cuz of everyone talking about Kyu. You say it's on the same par as he other physical styles and how Tai requires more stats than Kyu, I find this false as it requires strength, coordination, and perception to use properly. And as far as giving a Tai and the others a special like Kyujutsu eagle vision, I say no also. Eagle vision is the one thing that kyujutsu grants the user (they don't get a reduced cost like other skills), giving a similar ability based on a stat would just take away the one thing that kyujutsu grants.

The way I look at it, the system is balanced how it is and doesn't need to be changed. And I'll add what was told to me when I suggested a boost/change to kyujutsu, add Ninjutsu if you want more versatility. Nin-Tai is a good combo and can cover the "weakness" you claim Tai has by making techs that specifically targets and destroys weapons. (I have a few from another site I would be glad to share, that destroys weapons specifically)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:47 pm