Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

3 posters

From the Ashes

Kensai
    Kensai

Village : Minor Nation
    Clan : A-Class Clanless
    Discord Tag : kensai#2709

From the Ashes Empty From the Ashes

Post by Kensai Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:12 pm

Kensai had long been considering what it would take in order for him to build the Land of Iron back up, ever since he had heard that the village of Kirigakure had sacked it he had been his goal to rebuild the village. There were several people around who had been left without homes, each of them had pledged to help Kensai, Shogun of the Iron, second of his name, to rebuild. He would have to start by reclaiming the former outpost that had been raised, which present itself its own small challenge. The scouting mission was set, and Kensai would bring them the news of his position, and offer to help them in any way he could.

{Scouting for Outpost, Scouting time 7 days, Completion 3:15pmEST April 13}
    Hagane
    Hagane

Village : Unaffiliated
    Clan : N/A

From the Ashes Empty Re: From the Ashes

Post by Hagane Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:11 pm

The sound of wind fluttering through wings, sharp eye searching for someone, a gentle flap keeping her aloft...Hayabuysa, Hagane's Peregrine Falcon, would searched for a target...a specific one. The Shogun, Kensai. Hagane himself wasn't too far behind, the man also still aloft--gliding along with the rather large wings of ki, trying to keep up with the fast bird. He wasn't alone either, no, he still had Kiyoko with him, the man flying with her within his arms. He'd used a lot of energy at this point, but overall could keep going, the man a well of vitality and stamina.

"I do hope he isn't having too much trouble finding where he is going." Hagane would say to Kiyoko as they flew about 250 meters above the terrain, Hagane keeping his redish-brown tinted gaze forward, watching Hayabusa as he trusted her eyes better then his own...even if sharp in their own right. The Bird of Prey was a hunter, with some of the best vision in the animal kingdom. She'd have little trouble spotting Kensai...Hagane continuing to follow 10 meters behind the bird, close enough he could establish a telepathic link with her--his understanding of Falconry letting him communicate directly via telepathy with the bird...although for now he wouldn't, as he wished to understand Kiyoko when she spoke. Surely having spent such time traveling together, in such a close manner as him carrying her, the two had been chatting and getting to know each other better.

It wasn't but a few moments later and Hayabusa caught a man in her sights, the Samurai now Shogun named Kensai being spotted down below. She'd turn her head back to look at Hagane and Kiyoko before turning over, and tucking her wings...with that, the bird plummeted, and while he'd be much more gradual and gentle with his altitude change, he'd slow a bit and let them lower towards the ground, Hagane not a moment later able to sense Kensai and know exactly where to find him. "At least Hayabusa can find him pretty easily." he'd mention as he swooped towards the ground, coming in low and catching up to Kensai as the man continued his search for the outpost. By now Hayabusa would have already caught up, and would be pacing the Shogun over his shoulder, the Falcon cawing towards the new Leader of these lands. Only a moment later, Hagane would be coming up.

"You look like you could use some company, hmm?" Hagane would call out towards Kensai as him and Kiyoko would catch up, Hagane hoping this would have Kensai stop for a moment so he could land and let the beauty within his arms down to her feet, Hagane proceeding to do, grounding himself and after stopping, he'd let the younger woman down, his wings tucking behind him before the ki scattered to the wind, the wings fading back to their natural energy state and no longer forming the wings upon his back.

[Enter Land of Iron]
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Kiyoko had rather enjoyed this new form of travel. It was significantly more relaxing than running, which is all her travel had ever consisted of before. With herself wrapped securely in Hagane’s arms the only issues she had were the occasional need to stop for food and the like and a bit of a cold wind on her face. All in all though she considered herself fortunate to apparently have the easier job between the two of them; being entertaining. However being entertaining was not among the skills she had been taught growing up. Discipline, honour, mastery - yes. But not how to be a host. She stumbled along metaphorically as best she could, finding it easier to converse with the strong and handsome man as time wore on. A lot of commenting on the scenery and wildlife that they saw along the way, keeping a respectful distance from personal topics.

As Hagane commented on his bird finding Kensai she chuckled. The man clearly loved that bird and she could see why. It had unfalteringly stayed near him throughout the journey, and the relationship that man and bird shared was something of a treasure in Kiyoko’s eyes. “I’m sure Hayabusa could find him in the middle of a blizzard with her eyes closed.” While she was trying her hand at humour, Kiyoko believed that was probably true, the bird seemed to have better eyesight than she did and her eyesight was objectively quite good by human standards.

As they landed, more accurately as Hagane landed and Kiyoko came along for the ride, she would quickly straighten her clothing and bow low and formally to the man Hagane addressed. “Greetings Oyakata-sama. My sword is yours, what do you require?” There was total sincerity in the woman’s voice as she spoke, Kiyoko had no apprehension about the one she served; she had been raised for this moment.  

[Enter Land of Iron]

(10 exp)
    Kensai
    Kensai

Post by Kensai Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:06 pm

Kensai would hear a low growl coming from his snow covered companion, the tiger returning from his hunt as he sauntered up to the Samurai. Ken would fairly quickly see what was causing the commotion, as he would pull out his bow and track the bird above him for a second. It was more instinct than anything, not expecting to have to shoot it down, but a precaution was never a bad thing to take. The growl would become lower and more dangerous sounding, the tiger’s hair standing up on his back as Kensai would lower his bow and rest a hand on the tiger’s head, scratching him between the ears and under the chin as the big cat calmed down. He had seen the figures coming from far off, and remembered Hagane telling him about his bird. He assumed this must be it.

”Worry not my friend. These ones are friendly...they’ve come to help.”

It had seemed that Hagane had found a friend, and she appeared to also be a samurai, or so he could only assume based on her attire and the weapon she carried. While he didn’t know the man well, he had assumed that it was a fair bet that he wouldn’t bring a shinobi into these lands, knowing full well how the people here would have felt about that. As the two of them made their way, the calmed tiger would chuff a greeting to them, though would also stay at Kensai’s side, alert and ready to defend his friend if the situation called for it. Hagane would speak first, Kensai responding by telling him “Tora here is quite good company, but more is never a bad thing.” The woman whom he hadn’t met yet would speak next, and instead of introducing herself simply pledged herself to him. Loyalty was good, and the woman seemed like she was brimming over with it. Kensai would nod.

”Your offer is appreciated, fair Samurai...but I cannot take on a guard whos name I don’t even know. My name is Kensai Tanahashi, which I assume you know considering you recognize me. What might yours be?” His voice was strong but kind, something that he often used over his time to attempt to break peoples walls down. He wasn’t sure it would work in this case, but he could only hope...
    Hagane
    Hagane

Post by Hagane Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:07 pm

The man would chuckle lightly at the mention of Hayabusa likely being able to find Kensai in a Blizzard with her eyes closed. "I don't know about that one...maybe with one eye closed." he'd say in response before the two would inevitably end up grounded. Luckily for Hagane, Kensai seemed quick to recognize the woman he'd fly in with was also a Samurai...and that the bird who had arrived on scene moments before was Hagane's, deciding to not shoot it down with an arrow. Besides, who could shoot such a majestic creature?

Upon closing in he'd spot the large Tiger who joined Kensai, him curious where it came from, but happy to see Kensai wasn't out here completely alone. He'd hear Kensai's response, mentioning Tora made for good company, the Ronin giving a slight smile and nod towards him as he was putting Kiyoko down. "I see, always nice to have a furry or feathery friend by your side." he'd say, clearly he was one to know--even giving Hayabusa quick glance up in the tree--the bird lifting her wing a bit and nodding...before going to pluck out something from under her wings....bug, twig, leaf, loose feather, who knew.

He'd glance back down and would watch as Kiyoko would dedicate her blade to the Shogun in a bold display, bowing to the man, all before even introducing herself. He'd reach up and run his fingers into his hair, seeing the slight awkwardness of the situation, but taking it in light. But the gesture itself was good, even if the delivery was off. He'd go ahead and approach, coming to stand beside Kiyoko, nodding his head towards Kensai in what could be considered a bow, but a lazy one. It was obvious Hagane wasn't the most formal Samurai, a man of nature and the wild, not one to fuss with formalities unless the situation truly called for it. "Good to see you again, I do hope the journey here wasn't too harsh. I'm surprised your uncle hadn't joined you for this trek." he'd say with a kind tone, his face a fair neutral but with a subtle smile, his mood rather good. Maybe because he knew he was closer to making home...well, home again.
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:23 am

Kiyoko was surprised at the familiarity with which the two other samurai spoke. She had been trained for this moment, well not exactly this one but one like it, and in all her training she had not been prepared for. . . friendliness. As she paused to consider her answer she finally noticed the very large tiger and was taken aback once more. She knew what a tiger was, but she’d never been face to face with one and found it to be very uncomfortable. In general she was not overly fond of the idea of pets, or children, or anything else that may require a dedication she was not prepared to give. However she could hardly project those feelings on to anyone else, and so she would nod to the tiger, saying a silent and hasty prayer that it did not view her as food and face the man she had just sworn fealty to.

The expression on her face would undoubtedly give away her discomfort with the casual turn of the conversation, but she would attempt a smile and focus her blue eyes on Kensai. “My lord, I did not mean to neglect protocol. I did not imagine the Shogun would wish to know my name. My name is Kiyoko Ono, I am from these lands though long removed.” She would awkwardly turn partially towards Hagane as she continued, seeking to include him in the discussion which now seemed to be even less formal. “Hagane has told me of you, enough for me to recognize you at least. It was at his suggestion that I have returned to my homeland to offer my services to you, the Shogun.” She would finish by offering another awkward smile to both men that currently towered over her before allowing her features to return to their stoic norm.

(20 exp)
    Kensai
    Kensai

Post by Kensai Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Kensai would nod back his acknowledgement to Hagane, examining him closely to see how similarly he looked to the strange girl he had met earlier in his journey. He would frown when he realized the similarities were indeed there, and it seemed rather likely that they were at least related. The woman would first off seem to be very put off by Tora’s emergence, which was fair as he was indeed a tiger, and then a little awkward with her introduction. It seemed such social situations weren’t her forte and he wondered what she had been through in order to become this way. “Worry not, Miss Ono, Tora here will not harm you...most likely. I recommend listening to him though, if he growls or roars, maybe back up, if his fur stands up, don’t approach...oh and definitely don’t turn your back on him. Tigers are ambush predators, and it’s worth always being cautious of.”

As if on queue, Tora would chuff a greeting towards the two and would groan as Kensai would continue to scratch under his chin. He was a goofy cat to be sure, but Kensai still never treated him as anything less than what he was; an apex predator who deserved constant respect and the proper reverence. As Kensai turned around once more he would nod and smile. “You know, it’s too bad you hadn’t shown up a couple of weeks ago when I first got here. This journey would have been nice to have had the company for...as it stands however, we have arrived at our destination.” He would turn a corner and point the nearby settlement that had come into view, a place that had once been torn apart by war and didn’t have the money to rebuild, and the site that he would rebuild in order to send a message to the world, that Iron is resilient and it will not break.

”Welcome to the Outpost where Kyoji and the Mizukage massacred our people...or for you two likely welcome back? Welcome to what we will forevermore refer to as Tetsumura, the Village of Iron. Never before has the Land of Iron hosted a true village within its boarders, but we will change the world.” With those words the new Shogun of the Land of Iron would make his way towards the unguarded rubble that had once been the walls of the outpost here, and to face his destiny...

{Scouting Complete! Exit Thread}
    Hagane
    Hagane

Post by Hagane Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:59 pm

The Healing Hand of Steel had to hold back a chuckle when he noticed Kiyoko get taken back by noticing the large Tiger with Kensai, she'd been so focused on the man she failed to notice Tora. Hagane himself had a way with most animals, a respect shared for them that helped him be friendly with even hostile animals, almost all respecting Hagane in return. But still, he'd heed the warnings Kensai spoke to Kiyoko--even if not directed at him--although he already knew better then to just approach a Tiger without feeling it out first.

He'd watch as the two of them had their exchange, at one point Kiyoko bringing Hagane into the conversation, mentioning that he'd told her about Kensai. This would see Hagane's hand reach up and rub the back of his head, although his slightly awkward expression was subtle. But almost on cue, the Outpost they seeked would come into view, and they had officially made it. The place was a wreck...but it was home. Kensai would dub this place Tetsumura...and it would be grand. He'd watch Kensai walk towards the unguarded ruins, the tall Samurai casting Kiyoko a small smile, and gesturing towards the village. "Ladies first."

[Exit-->Tetsumura]
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Kiyoko listened as Kensai explained how best to deal with Tora, the very large tiger beside him. She tried her best to look unafraid but she was sure that a hint of worry was still evident. The tiger had very large teeth, and claws and at least five hundred pounds on her. “Don’t turn my back, I can do that.” As they approached the outpost the Shogun had been searching for a genuine smile would light up her features, the outpost had fallen into disrepair and was completely unguarded but it was beautiful. She bowed in thanks for the welcome to Kensai, still keeping a wary eye on Tora. As Hagane gestured her forward she would nod, a smile still on her face, and walk forward towards her new old home.

[Exit → Tetsumura]
    (30 exp)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:13 am