Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

More Bandits than Sand

Hagane
    Hagane

Village : Unaffiliated
    Clan : N/A

More Bandits than Sand Empty More Bandits than Sand

Post by Hagane Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:46 am

Mission Name: Highwaymen Ambush
    Mission Type: Defense/Elimination
    Mission Rank: B
    Mission Goal: Defend yourself!
    Description: You are just minding your own, doing whatever you do, and you suddenly find yourself ambushed by a large group (10-20) of highway men who are out to kill you for your valuables. Defend yourself, kill them for their crimes against the innocent they prey on. The nearby village will happily pay you for this deed.
    Payment: 25,000
    Requirements: C-Class+

The Bloody Rock Forest...a section of the Sunrise Desert marked by large rock structures, tall like trees, giving the area its name. The Sun peeked through these large towering pillars of rock, it slowly dropping towards the Horizon, low in the west. To the west was the direction of Sunagakure no Sato. To the East was the Land of Rivers. This area was where the Desert and river-filled plains meet--although more on the Desert Side. They wasn't too far from a trader town, Thirsty Scorpion Town...making this a fairly well traveled path, many Shinobi, traders, even the occasional Samurai would come through every now and then, going to and from the trader town.

Leaned against one of these tall pillars of rock, of course on the shaded side, was a man resting against it. He kept leaned against the pillar, a round straw hat used as a shade over his face, completely hiding it and also blocking out the light of the sun. At a glance it was quickly obvious the man was no Shinobi...his clothing, the way he would wear his sword on his left hip, the lack of a headband...this wasn't a Shinobi--he was a Samurai. He had on ragged out clothes--a Yakata that had seen better days, same could be said with his Hakama. His Haori had holes and tears in it...the man clearly had worn these clothes out long ago.

What was he doing there?...Sleeping. Of course.

Although with his natural sensing abilities--anyone within a certain range of him will be on his radar immediately...even when asleep.

More Bandits than Sand Tumblr_mhvdn87mVb1rbrys3o1_500

Last edited by Hagane on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Village : Minor Nation

More Bandits than Sand Empty Re: More Bandits than Sand

Post by Kiyoko Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:53 am

Kiyoko had been on the road for quite some time. Not that that was a particularly new fact, but today with the heat she was especially tired. The Land of Wind was full of nothing but sand. And bandits. She tried not to make a habit of being judgemental however she really felt like whoever named this land hadn’t actually stepped foot in it. Ever. If they had it most certainly would have been called the Land of Sand-filled Bandits. She had spent the last few days wandering the better travelled paths and asking for directions for anywhere with water and less sand. Most people had laughed at the suggestion of less sand but eventually some of the travellers she met took pity on her and pointed her in the direction of Thirsty Scorpion Town. At first she thought she was being made fun of, but after several unrelated people gave her the same name she just bowed in thanks and headed off towards yet another horribly named place. She didn’t want to think too hard about what the name actually meant, and hoped that it was a long story involving too much alcohol and a lost bet.

She knew from her questioning that the town was near the border of the Land of Rivers, and just when she was about to scream at the heavens for yet another incorrectly named locale she spied the glint of water past a rocky outcropping. Her water jug had long since emptied, she wasn’t used to travelling through the dunes, having spent most of her time in the mountains. Without much caution Kiyoko would rush over towards the water, pulling off her boots as she ran. She wasn’t concerned with modesty as she tossed her black leather boots to the side of the river bank and pulled off her belts, sleeves, shorts and sarashi. She would more carefully place her katana down, hilt towards her underneath her jingasa, on the off chance someone did interrupt her. Slipping into the water she would release an audible sigh and sink to just below her chin, relishing the relative coolness of the liquid against her skin. The sensation was slightly unpleasant and she would mutter aloud to herself as she let herself float in the running water. “I’m going to have to heal myself again, the sun here is awful. Why on earth do people live here? On purpose?”

(20 exp)
    Hagane
    Hagane

Post by Hagane Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:20 am

The Healing Hand of Steel, more like the Snoozing Hand of Steel, quietly rested, his chest rising and falling slowly with each breath he took. Hagane snored ever so slightly, only audible within a meter of him, subtle but notably a snore. But as the sun slowly was setting, something would pull the man from his nap. Or someone, rather. A person had entered his sensory range, even limited by the fact he wasn't keeping up with it--him sleeping--but this would wake the man. He wouldn't even move--hat still placed over his face, as he fully activated his sensing abilities--focusing his Ki to do so. He would sense a single chakra source, he'd passed by him and now was heading towards the river he was somewhat near.

The man would slowly reach up and pull the Kasa from over his face, redish-brown hues opening with a bit of a squint, half lidded. He'd glance over to the side to where he felt the ki signature, spotting a woman making her way for the river not too far from him, roughly 30 meters out. They either hadn't noticed him there snoozing, or didn't care. He'd continue to watch her as she approached the river, the man examining her from a distance. She didn't look like a Shinobi...well, the man had fairly recently been running into a surprising number of Samurai like himself around here, maybe she was one as well? He'd slowly push himself to stand up, the sword that had been clutched in his crossed arms as he slept used as a point of leverage to stand up, him stretching a bit. He'd glance back over towards the woman he was curious about...just in time to see the last bit of her clothing come off.

He'd blink a couple times. "...Is she...?"

A slight band of red crossed the aging Ronin's features, seeing her slip into the water. He'd out of respect glance away, turning his head away. Even if...he wanted to look. He really did. But he was no perv...the man hadn't even ever spent any meaningful time around another woman ever since...well, his wife. Seven long years ago. He'd sigh quietly...but he began thinking--there was almost always bandits traveling these roads, highwaymen awaiting victims to ambush. He did think to simply leave her alone...but she'd separated herself from her weapon, and he wouldn't feel right simply leaving her around here in potential danger.

Hagane would shake his head and slowly begin making his way somewhat closer, finding a broken down boulder with a nice flat surface somewhat near the river, a good place for him to sit and keep watch...for bandits--not watching her. No. He'd sit down with his legs crossed, pulling his sword to rest in his arms as he crossed them, his Kasa placed upon his head again to shade his eyes from the slowly sinking sun. He was sitting with his back towards her, him keeping his Sensing Technique active. With it the man could feel everything with Ki within a fairly large range...making sure no one else was there. No one else could spy on her...lucky for Kiyoko, Hagane was a respectable man.
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Had Kiyoko not been so focused on the river and the relief from the heat it would bring, she might have noticed the man snoozing against a rock on her run over. But while she was normally quite perception she had forgone any caution and allowed herself to simply enjoy the water. She would soak for a minute or two before her focus would shift from the discomfort of the heat and a mild sunburn to her immediate surroundings. As she looked around she noticed a man sitting on a boulder not far from her, her gaze zeroing in on him she watched him closely while inching over towards her blade. The man was somewhat shabbily dressed but she noted the sword at his side and his hat. Another samurai? Out here? There’s no way. . . She was pleased to see his back was obviously turned to her, but it also made her question at what point he had decided to show that courtesy. She silently cursed her break from the disciplines taught to her by her father, the current situation she found herself in was awkward at best - and entirely her own making. She couldn’t really blame the man for coming upon her indisposed as she was, she might not have done any different were their roles reversed.

With as much silence and care as she could muster she would pull herself out of the river and on to the bank. She was counting on the stranger continuing his considerate vigil and not turning around while she put her clothing back on. It was no trouble pulling her clothing on, her skin dried almost instantly as the hot air wicked away the moisture. Once she had reclothed she would slide her hat over her head and affixed her sword to her belt she would walk a few steps in the mysterious man’s direction. Her right hand was held loosely, not at the ready but rather one step before that. She had been fairly vulnerable while swimming and she figured that if this person had wished her harm he probably would have made that known long before now. Clearing her throat quietly she would raise her voice to call out to him. “Greetings stranger. I would like to thank you for keeping watch, though I would also like to know the name of my impromptu protector.”

(40 exp)
    Hagane
    Hagane

Post by Hagane Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:08 am

The man's eyes sat half lidded, him perched silently on a large rock that just begged to be sat upon, keeping his eye out. His Sensing Technique stayed active, him keeping track of anything within a 250 meter radius of himself. She was well within this distance. It wouldn't be all that long before he could feel a shift in her ki--a shift in her emotions able to be picked up by his empath abilities. The feeling of concern had come through, but quickly shifted to a new emotion--curiosity. She'd definitely noticed his presence, which he would do nothing to hide. He would keep track of her, even as quiet as she tried to be, he could sense her every movement.

From the edge of the riverbank, to where he'd first noticed she had relieved herself of her clothing, he kept tracking her. He couldn't hear her, which told him she was being silent intentionally. But this was fine...the man didn't need to see her to know where she was. What she was feeling. He could tell she had no ill intent as she began approaching behind him, and would allow her to do so without him moving an inch. Although should her feelings change...he'd be ready.

Her voice graced his ears, thanking him for keeping an eye out for those who'd rather take advantage of such a situation, and request to know the name of the aging Ronin. "Hagane." he'd respond with, voice fairly deep and with a bit of a rasp to it, the voice of a man who'd likely smoked for fifteen years. "I hope I didn't startle you too much...This is a really dangerous area, and I noticed you had left your sword by the riverbank. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't make sure you remained safe." he'd explain himself, the man's voice gentle and kind in tone, a man who seemed at peace with himself...even if he was a man torn and jaded by a life of tragedy. He kept looking forward, not looking back at Kiyoko. While he could guess she clothed herself, he'd await for her to say or indicate it was okay to look at her.

"I ah...didn't see too much." he'd say with a very subtle band of pink crossing the bridge of his nose and tops of his cheeks.
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:42 pm

Kiyoko would smile, not that Hagane would see as he still had his back to her, but she found his explanation cute. With a hint of a laugh in her voice she introduced herself. “I’m Kiyoko. You can turn around now Hagane.” She would wait patiently for him to face her before continuing, folding her hands together in front of her. “Thank you again, for your discretion. The desert must be getting to me, I didn’t even bother to look for anyone else around. I saw water and that was all that mattered.” She would actually laugh as she spoke of her failing, with the barest amount of relief in that laugh. Things could have gone very differently and it was only good fortune that had decided she would be safe while dropping her guard.

Her eyes would narrow as she scrutinized him further, taking in the details of his person. He definitely did not look like a Shinobi, but she’d been tricked by them before. Kiyoko was, if anything, straight forward and so she asked Hagane directly about his purpose. It wasn’t as though she instantly distrusted everyone she came across, but being on the run did make her wary of people’s intentions. “What are you doing out here anyway? I couldn’t help but notice that you don’t appear to be a shinobi. So why are you in their lands?” She hoped that the answer was similar to her reasons, she had yet to see a Shinobi pretend to be a Samurai, but she wouldn’t put it past them. As she thought of the ninjas and their ways her mind briefly wandered back to her time in Kumogakure and the Land of Rice and a dark cloud of anger filled her at the memories of her being betrayed. She hated that she had to question people, to go over this conversation again and again. To bring up memories of her father, her parents. . . the anger was truly brief. With a deep sigh she let it go and attempted to calm her mind so that she could assess the situation reasonably.

(60 exp)
    Hagane
    Hagane

Post by Hagane Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:19 pm

While the aging ronin couldn't see her smile, he had a hint that was her expression. The tone in her voice would only confirm it, the young woman introducing herself. He'd hear her mention he was free to turn around--even though he had a good idea she'd made herself decent before approaching him. Hagane would shift in his seat, a foot sliding out and off the boulder to meet the ground, him lazily using his sheathed sword as a leverage point to stand up and turn about to face the woman--his jaded redish-brown hues searching to meet Kiyoko's eyes. By now what hint of a blush he had upon the 'didn't see too much' comment had faded, and his expression was stoic. But his eyes had a peaceful kindness behind them.

"No need to thank me, Kiyoko." was all he'd respond with for now. He'd notice her eyes narrow a bit as she looked him over, the man replacing his sheathed blade within his belt.. She'd be able to see an aging man with a body of scars, even on his face--most notable was a vertical scar over his right eye--having barely missed taking it. It even split the man's eyebrow with the scar. Although clearly older, a man in his mid thirties, he still had a fairly youthful face.

As the young beauty, which he'd already taken note of after being able to see her up close, would scrutinize his appearance, him feeling her curiosity welling up in her ki, he half expected her next question, and was able to fairly quickly respond. "I have my reasons to stay away from Tetsu no Kuni, I have spent the past few years wandering the world...Trying to do what good I can do." he'd speak with just a hint of pain in his voice, although extremely subtle and never shown in his face.

He'd reach up and slip his hand into his top, digging around a moment before sliding out a hand-rolled cigarette. "The way you speak of them...'their lands'...so you too are a Samurai, hm?" he'd say before slipping the cig between his lips and snapping his finger, a small spark of fire igniting his cigarette. He'd turn so his side was more too her, and he could blow the smoke from the fairly long drag he'd taken from it away from her. "I have actually ran into another Samurai here recently..." he'd mention after exhaling the smoke--it scattered to the breeze.

Although, they wouldn't have too long to talk. Hagane's Sensing Technique was picking up movement of other Ki sources...weak, but he could feel the ill intent in their hearts immidiately. It made the hair on the back of the aging man's neck stand up, and his eyes narrowed, glancing over his shoulder. "...We have company." he'd say, voice calm but also stern in his early warning. The two of them wasn't alone. His left hand had already slid down naturally to steady his blade on his hip, gripping the sheath and pressing his thumb to the saya of his Katana, Nanashi.
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 am

Kiyoko was pleased with what she saw as she observed Hagane. He wasn’t at all hard on the eyes, and the couple of scars that she saw only added to the appeal. She did her best to not stare, but would have failed miserably were it not for his warning about an incoming attack. Her left hand would grip the sheath of her katana, and her right she placed on the hilt ready to draw. She would look over at the rocks in the direction she had come from and pick out about twenty armed bandits give or take. Not being one to be impolite she would speak to Hagane as she rushed over to the first huddle of four. “I am a Samurai, and I am from the Land of Iron, but we can talk about that in just a moment. I’ll take the ten on the left.” She would draw her blade and with one swift motion cut through the four that were preparing to rush them. With a quick turn to her left she danced to the next group, slicing through them with ease. Two more steps saw her make one final cut as she sliced the necks of the remaining two, and calmly shook the blood from her sword and replaced it in it’s sheath in a single smooth motion. Turning back towards where she assumed Hagane would be, to her right, she would nod and continue speaking. “You mentioned another Samurai? I’ve been removed from my homeland for so long I would very much like to meet them. It has been too many years since I have been amongst my own people.”

(80 exp)
    Hagane
    Hagane

Post by Hagane Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:01 am

Before they had incoming 'friends', more like frienemies, with benefists, the man had taken a slight notice of her looking him over, maybe even caught her staring. But this wouldn't be addressed, they had a group of twenty poor souls heading their way. She'd respond with her answer of indeed being a Samurai, but talking could be saved for later.

The man knew none of their enemies had any good in their hearts and it disgusted him, a sigh on his face as his thumb would push on the saya of his Katana, and his right hand would form a half tiger seal. In a flurry of feathers that'd form from thin air, pretty literally, the man would have the feathers collect beginning at his shoulder blades, and they would form quickly into a set of wings...one white, one black--with a wide wingspan...these would be best described as the wings of an angel...or a fallen angel. His hand gripped the handle of Nanashi, and with a mighty flap that was pretty hard to miss, the man took off with impressive speed, flying on his wings. The speed he was able to achieve was beyond what they could track, to the highwaymen, the man had suddenly appeared behind them, and would flick his blade to the side...rinsing it of blood. As the man sheathed his sword...all 10 of the men on the right's heads fell to the desert floor.

He'd rise to his full height after landing in a crouched stance, and glance over his shoulder as the wings folded up against his back. His blade had met all its marks. With that he'd turn his gaze towards Kiyoko, seeing she too had been able to deal with her half of the highwaymen. With twenty dead around, the man would sigh. He knew justice needed served, but still, the bodycount was high. He'd go ahead and approach Kiyoko as she spoke, continuing the conversation from earlier. "I hope they didn't give you too much trouble. Yes, I have recently ran into the man recently made Shogun of Tetsu no Kuni...Kensai Tanahashi. He plans to rebuild our home...but he'll need the aid of others to do so." he'd say, before giving a small smile her way.

"If you'd care to join me...I was resting up to make my way there. I would appreciate the company...especially company as easy on the eyes as you are." he said as he continued to smile towards her. The wings on the man's back would spread out quickly, going to their full span--a couple feathers falling to the ground from random bits of the large angelic wings. With a much more gentle movement then the rushed one before, he'd come to a low hover and offer her a hand. "If I may...we can fly there." he'd say. The man must've had a way with woman, because one way or another she'd accept. He'd take her hand and pull it up over his neck as he got in fairly close, one hand sliding behind her mid back, the other behind her knees, as he'd lift her off the ground. "I hope you're not afraid of heights." he'd say with his kind tone, and with that, the two of them would fly off towards the north west--towards Tetsu no Kuni.

[Exit The Bloody Rock Forest. Using D-Rank Speed to cut travel time -4 hours per Country. Land of Wind > Land of Iron via Fang and Mountain. 56 hours, will arrive Thursday April 9th at 9AM]
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:30 am

Kiyoko was obviously impressed with Hagane swordsmanship. He’d dealt with his half of the highwaymen handily and she would offer a nod of satisfaction in his direction as he sheathed his katana. As she watched Hagane’s wings fold away she kept herself from dropping her jaw. She had seen many interesting things in her life, but a samurai with wings was a new one. As he spoke of Kensai Tanahashi she put it all together, she had heard whisperings of a new Shogun but hadn’t pieced together who. She accepted the compliment graciously, a smile and a glint of mischief in her blue eyes. “I would gladly go with you to my homeland. The trip will be most enjoyable in your company.” It had been a few years since she had flirted with anyone, but somehow the exchange seemed natural, as though the two of them had done this before. “Fly there? I’ve never done that before, but I’m willing. Just as long as you promise to hold on tight and not drop me.” She was joking of course, there was one thing she had learned growing up; the Samurai could be trusted. She allowed herself to be picked up by the much larger man and would wrap her other arm around Hagane’s chest to keep herself securely in place. As they took off a gasp would escape her lips, the sensation of flight being new and somewhat thrilling. “Not afraid of heights, only of falling from them. I trust you though Hagane.” As they flew she would relax and enjoy the pleasure of his company and the strength of his arms as they travelled towards her homeland - the Land of Iron.

(100 exp)

[Exit The Bloody Rock Forest. Travelling to Secret Location - Travelling with Hagane - 56 hours until arrival. Arrival on April 9th at 9:00am]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:49 am