Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

A Wanderer's Request

Masaru
    Masaru

Village : Iwagakure
    Clan : Tetsudashi Tatsuda
    Discord Tag : @Raphael#7563

A Wanderer's Request Empty A Wanderer's Request

Post by Masaru Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:36 am

Masaru had come to Konohagakure with the purpose of speaking with the Hokage, once through the gates he would head straight there with Amaya on his heals. "Father, you know the Hokage is a busy person. They don't have time to deal with foreigners or their requests." Amaya stated for the hundredth time since Masaru first told the girl of his plan to speak to the Hokage, "Young one, I have nothing but time and patience. I will alert the Hokage's staff of my request for an audience and then we will wait until they have the time to meet with us." Masaru stated with a smile down to the girl, "There is no need to worry my child, we are here in peace these people are our allies and we have nothing to fear from them." He would continue to calm her nerve, knowing full well she did not do good in crowds, the man would hold his hand out for his adoptive daughter to take hold as they continued their way through the crowded streets of Konohagakure towards the office of the Hokage. Once at the administration building, Masaru would ask the secretary for a pen and paper and write a short note for the Hokage:

The Note:

Once the note was written Masaru would hand it to the secretary before taking his daughters hand and heading out the door to find the two of them some food at a nearby restaurant, while they awaited an answer.
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Clan : No u
    Discord Tag : Malyaska#2258

A Wanderer's Request Empty Re: A Wanderer's Request

Post by Morithar Alaris Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:14 am

Akari got the note not long after the man had left it and had mentally filed it away. Now a few hours later, she sent a messenger to find the man and inform him that he was more than welcome to come when it was convenient for him. She strongly disliked making people wait like that, but she'd already dedicated her morning to double checking the contractors work on the city. With an expansion so large it required quite a bit of time, even for a shinobi, to get around everywhere and make sure everything was going well. Now however she had the time and she had a nice hot pot of jasmine tea sitting on the liquor cabinet in preparation. Two cups were laid out and she herself sat, simply going through some mundane paperwork. She had no need to make a clone to help her with such a minor amount so it would just be her in the office, sitting at her desk, pen in hand. Papers were neatly organized and she'd work diligently to get what little there was done.

As she finished, pen down, paperwork set aside, she'd idly look at her sheathed sword, standing against the liquor cabinet. A couple of file cabinets sat within the office across from the liquor stand. Within the cabinets were multiple files of things that had occurred over the course of the last three months. Anything later, or anything top secret, was moved to a more secure location. However she found that having her recent files nearby made things much easier.

Her usual attire of a red blouse, black skirt, and black stockings would greet any who opened the door. Her hair would be done up with her usual black ribbons and her deep blue eyes would be expectant, polite, while also wary for any traps or requests. This meeting might prove to be interesting, but only time would tell that now.
    Masaru
    Masaru

Post by Masaru Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 am

Masaru and Amaya would enjoy a nice bowl of ramen just down the road from the administration building before heading out due to the girl's desire to see everything this village had to offer. They would walk for a few hours looking at different shops as well as some of the village itself, though Masaru had a feeling they had only seen a small portion of the village. Considering the size of Konoha it would be easy to get lost if you don't know the village, he made sure to keep track of where everything was so that him and Amaya would not have to worry about it. During their tour Masaru managed to find a place for them to stay for a month while they were here in the village, as well as finding the library. The library is where the messenger would find the pair, Amaya however loved to read and would groan loudly when the messenger said the Hokage was available. "Amaya, there is no need for that. You may stay here and read, I can meet with the Hokage alone." Masaru would stated to his daughter in a lose the attitude tone that only a father can, Amaya would squeal with glee hugging Masaru tightly before heading to find a secluded and comfortable spot for her to read. Masaru would make his way straight to the administration building, wasting no time after receiving the message.

Arriving at the building Masaru would approach the secretary's desk, "Yes, I received word that the Lady Hokage was ready to see me. Masaru Tatsudashi." Masaru would allow his left hand drape lightly on the hilt of Devorakos which was attached to his obi, as he stood in the lobby awaiting word for him to enter the Hokage office. Masaru wore his typical attire of a white silk kimono and black hakama, over the kimono he wears a dark red and black vest. Once the secretary gave him word he could enter Masaru would step through the doorway of the Hokage's office, getting his first look at the woman who ran the Land of Fire. He was surprised to see someone so young, the woman couldn't be much older than his daughter and yet she held the highest authority within the land. Masaru knew he would need to keep his eye on the woman, someone this young isn't given this kind of power on a whim. The woman had her own power that earned her this position, Masaru's thoughts would stop as the smell of the Jasmine Tea filled his nose and he could think of nothing else. "Is that Jasmine Tea I smell, it's my favorite. It's important to have more buds than leaves, it adds a more delicate taste to the tea." Masaru stated without thinking, he would instantly realize that he was rude to assume the Lady Kage did not already know that. "Forgive me Lady Hokage, I did not mean to be disrespectful. My name is Masaru Tatsudashi, and I am very appreciative that you have found the time to speak with me."
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 am

The door opened and a man about a foot taller than her entered the office. He wore a kimono of fine white silk, a black hakama, with a dark red and black vest. Resting one hand upon the hilt of a shortsword at his waist. Akari's eyes glanced at that for a moment before seeing the lack of tension in the gesture. It was simply comfortable habit then. She could understand that herself. As he entered, she would stand, and at his words she would laugh melodically. "Well Sir Masaru, you did state in your letter that you'd like to meet over tea. How rude would I be if I didn't have some ready? Worry not, Jasmine is my favorite too, and I know well the important of using more buds than leaves. Please, sit, and I'll pour us both a cup." She would say as she gestured toward a seat and moved toward the cabinet to pour the tea.

"Additions?" she would ask pleasantly as she poured tea into two cups. Some people liked to add honey, sugar, or other things to their tea and Akari had plenty at the cabinet in case he preferred such things. She herself did not however. She would add whatever he requested to the drink before coming back and setting it before him and then sitting down herself. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Akari Uchiha, Rokudaime Hokage. I understand if you weren't expecting someone as young as myself. You see, I only recently took the position when our previous Hokage was effectively not here. None contested my claim, and now I'm doing what I can to help the village prosper." She would say simply enough. Nothing that was said wasn't anything that couldn't be overheard in any bar, park, or hotel. So saying herself gave her what she hoped was the benefit of being seen as honest.

"In your letter, you stated you wished to discuss a personal matter. I worry that said personal matter had something to do with my predecessor, Haku, and if it is I'm sorry I'm not him. I will however help if I can." She would say, mildly concerned that he might have conferred with Haku previously about something and that he was here about it. She'd seen no correspondence between Haku and this man named Masaru in the files when she went through them. So without any physical proof that said correspondence took place she could only do so much to assist when it came to any deal between them. Hopefully she had mistook the meaning and this was simply the beginning overture of a request for something. Her sharp blue eyes met his own and she would listen intently to his response. Hopefully his request wasn't anything unreasonable.
    Masaru
    Masaru

Post by Masaru Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:43 am

Masaru would smile at the knowledge of the Akari understanding tea, it warmed his heart to know that some of the young still have a love of tea. "I find it is better to not spoil the flavor," Masaru would answer politely to her questions of additions, and would take the cup from her with a smile as she introduced herself. Hearing that she was the Uchiha and that she was only appointed because no one contested it was a bit surprising to the man, though with the knowledge of her clan Masaru would not have been surprised to find that she wasn't contested because she manipulated the mind of the village. Still Masaru would stay judgement, she has shown kindness so far and there was no reason to suspect such things just because of her clan. Masaru would take a sip of his tea, and his taste buds would delight in the wonderful flavor. "I must say I am impressed Lady Hokage, you make a delicious tea. Ah, you wish to get to the point of my visit, and I can respect that. Unfortunately, it's not so simple, you see I have come for multiple reasons, not just the actions of Haku. The hidden Leaf invaded the stone some time ago, conquering it with ease and since then has been the power that guided its people. However, recently under the orders of your predecessor the leaf has withdrawn all shinobi and influence of the hidden Leaf from it's land and returned it to it's people. However, when the leaf conquering the stone they also stole their secrets, these have not been returned. I wish for you to give me all records you hold of them, so that I may return to my homeland and lead my people." Masaru would stop talking taking a sip of tea before he would add, "of course we would hold the leaf with respect for the return of our property and hope that a long lasting alliance can be formed."
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am

His comments to her tea making skills would be met with a polite smile before he began to get into the true reasons for his visit. His request that the techniques of Iwagakure be returned would be understandable. Especially if he intended to lead the country. However, it would also be impossible for her to do so. She was surprised that knowledge of the sacking of Konohagakure wasn't common knowledge. However the village no longer had those treasured techniques. Hell, they didn't even have their own at the moment. Her expression wouldn't change as he expressed his desires. Afterwards however she would lean back in her chair, taking a sip of the tea before giving a resigned sigh.

"While I respect your desires Masaru, I'm afraid I can't fulfill your request. Do not misunderstand me though, it is not a matter of my not wanting to. It is a matter of physically being unable to. Konohagakure was sacked just prior to Haku Masanori's coup. It was one of the final nails in the coffin for Tattsu Kotoshura's rule of the village as a matter of fact. In that sacking those exclusives you treasure so were stolen, as were Konoha's own. So you see, I don't have them to give to you. Otherwise I would right now." She would say, an apologetic tone in her voice. It wasn't like his request was unreasonable, nor would it be difficult to do for him if she could. She could easily make copies of the scrolls and give him the originals. Those would most treasured by the people of Iwagakure indeed. But the originals were stolen from Konoha as well.

Informing him that Konoha's were stolen as well meant little to Akari, Nozomi's broadcast had said as such after all. So it wasn't like it couldn't be discovered quickly enough by asking, well, pretty much anyone. She took another sip of her tea as she waited for his response to her words. Would he even believe her? Frankly, that was a toss up. But it wasn't like he couldn't get that confirmation from Nozomi's words as well. She had openly stated that the sacking of Konoha and the taking of their exclusives was in response to Akihiro's attack on it. So really, it was a matter of him being willing to accept the truth and not simply be delusional. She might be able to help him in another way though.
    Masaru
    Masaru

Post by Masaru Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:14 pm

The news that konoha had been sacked and their secrets stolen on top of Iwa's secret was a surprise to the man, though it would explain the withdrawal from the land of Stone. If they couldn't even protect their capital, what hope could they have of defending multiple countries. It was obvious that this Tatts had tried to expand his empire too quickly, spreading his forces too thin and ended up paying for it. Masaru's face would show no sign of the alarm the man felt on the inside upon hearing this news, years within the business world had taught him the importance of a poker face when dealing with important matters. Though it was a set back, it was a minor one, one which could be overcome when he returned to Iwa. If he was lucky he might be able to dig through the archives of the library in Iwa, perhaps there was a record of their techniques which he could form a copy of the scroll to pass off as the real thing. However, that was another matter which he could deal with later. For now there was still a discussion to be had with the Hokage, though she could not give him the secrets he sought he still might be able to barter some kind of agreement. He had been watching her as she spoke, if she was lying she had an even better poker face than he did. He had no reason to doubt her words, or her sincerity in the statement if matters were different.

"It is troubling times we find ourselves in," Masaru would state as all the information continued to swirl around in his head. "The loss of our secrets is unfortunate, however I will not let that stop me. Besides it was not just the techniques that were taken." Masaru commented as he took another sip of tea, "Information is a powerful weapon, the simple knowledge of certain locations could result in the downfall of an entire country. Your village has documentations of every place of interest within the land of Earth among other things, the locations of our resources sites, even the village itself. If you would be so kind as to hand over those documents, and assure me that there are no copies of those documents it would be appreciated. While I know I cannot stop those who already hold this knowledge, I would like to stop anyone else from learning them if I can."
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Akari would listen as Masaru spoke his mind on the situation. As well as making another request, one that was, odd, but doable. Giving him the location of Iwagakure wouldn't hurt Konoha at all, after all there were no more forces there. They gained nothing from the county now and if Masaru could make use of the place that was his own business. However the request for there to be no written copy in Konoha any longer was, frankly, quite odd. The location of Iwagakure was public knowledge as far as she was aware. As was Konoha itself due to the Societies broadcast to the world. So to request the removal of knowledge that was already known by most, if not all, came across to her as some kind of desire to see how far down Konoha would kneel before the idea of Iwagakure's revival.

Frankly, Akari didn't give a rats ass about Iwagakure. If it rose from the ashes, great, if it didn't, no skin off her back. What she did give a rats ass about was how Konoha looked from the outside world. Pandering to the silly request of a Tsuchikage hopeful was stupid, and was as good as clasping a metaphysical leash around her neck and handing him the other end.

Taking a sip of her tea to get in thoughts in order she would begin with the good news. "I have no problem giving you the locations. It isn't as if Konoha has any interest in Iwagakure any longer. We've left the province, and aren't gaining anything from it. However.." she would say, pausing a moment on the word. "The request to remove information that is already more or less public to the world is, odd, in my point of view. I see no point in doing such a thing. Iwagakure's location is known to anyone in Konoha with the clearance, or anyone who's happened to talk to a trader over the course of the past few years. Not only that, but the Society knows of it's location as well. I think it could be safe to assume that Kumogakure, and Kirigakure do as well, although I'm less sure there. I see no point in removing such information from my village. Especially when the potential leader of that nation already has such information on us." She would say, speaking her mind on the matter. The documents they had were just points on a map, it wasn't even an old map. It wasn't some dusty tome or heirloom. As a matter of fact..She reached into her desk and withdrew a map of the kingdom and began to note points in the Land of Earth.

She'd read what information was available when she first came into office. As such, giving it to Masaru now was a simple enough matter. Within moments she had the points of each resource site and Iwagakure itself marked on the map. The map would be rolled up, tied off and set upon the desk between them. Simplicity in itself, he could have the information right now. All he had to do was take it, but the request to remove said knowledge from Konoha was just silly in her eyes. Wordlessly, she would take another drink of tea. Her actions, had spoken quite loudly and clearly in her opinion. 'I'm more than willing to give you the tools you need to set you on the path.' The idea of stopping 'anyone else' from learning of the information was idealism at it's finest. Nothing stopped her from making a map just as simply as she'd done for him just now. Even if she did destroy ever copy in front of him, more could easily be made. Not only that, but it was quite possible, probable even, that every other nation knew of it's location. The request, was therefore, pointless.
    Masaru
    Masaru

Post by Masaru Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:11 am

A smirk would form on the man's lips at the Hokage's words, which would break into a full smile when she showcased how simple it was to do just as she spoke of. The man would not say anything at first instead choosing to finish his tea and sitting the cup down on the desk, before he finally broke into a slight chuckle. "It's good to see that you at least have a backbone, that's important. Please forgive me, but I had to see just what kind of person I am dealing with. Someone who would just give in to any demand asked of them, or someone who does answer reasonable request. I never expected you to truly destroy all records, but you see I have come here looking to make a deal with you, Lady Uchiha. I'm looking for a partner, not a pushover. I lack the one thing every empire requires, resources. Namely money. Now relax I am not asking for a hand out, I would like to offer a trade. I rented an apartment here in your village for a three month term, I offer you my services for this time to preform missions and other tasks for you in exchange for pay for such tasks. I assure you that while I do not consider myself a shinobi any longer, I am effective at dealing with things." If Akari had refilled his cup by this point Masaru would take a sip, though she had no reason to do so as he had not asked her for more. If she hadn't he would simply take a brief moment to think his next words carefully not to insult the Hokage, "It would take a blind man not to see the level of criminal activity within the land of fire, including the hidden leaf village itself is riddled with gangs. Allow me to help you clean up the streets, and do different assignments in lieu of your shinobi. Your village will still profit both in the pay and the cleaning up of your streets, and I can receive some pay for my services that will help me in my goal, of course I wouldn't object to a bonus if you found my work above satisfactory in comparison to your shinobi." He would add the last part with a chuckle, his attempt at a joke. Though with his sense of humor, many did not see what he saw as funny to be funny. Masaru did feel as though he was above most shinobi, at least on a moral sense. There are few shinobi that the Ronin view with respect, and only the future would tell if there would be such a bond between him and the Hokage.
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:32 am

His slight chuckle would cause her eyes to narrow dangerously. She was on the brink of taking such an action as an insult when he spoke. His words caused her features to return to neutrality for the moment and she would consider all he said carefully. Tests were all well and good. However she considered it woefully foolish for someone who came asking for something to ‘test’ the individual they were asking in such a way. If she took offense, she could deny his request out of hand. Not only that, but based on some of his words she probably should do exactly that. Mainly, because he spoke of an ‘empire’. Which generally included more than one country in one's grasp. How much then would this man who would make himself an emperor take before he was satisfied? Were such men ever satisfied with what they had? It was a concerning question and one she was tempted to stamp out by denying him.

However.

It might be just as foolish to do such a thing. Say for example, that she does do such a thing. This man had done nothing illegal. She couldn’t hold or execute him without being seen as the next incarnation of Tattsu Kotoshura. So he would go back into the world. Say he succeeds in bringing back Iwagakure and he does expand. If she said no to him now, and he did succeed. She could be looking down the shaft of an arrow in the future. So the question becomes, does she back him now, giving him the opportunity to make the money he required? Or does she send him on his way to get it elsewhere? It wasn’t like he asked her for the money outright. He’d asked for the ability to earn it. To take missions for the village and be paid for them as any shinobi would.

Better to let him, she has no reason to think he’d misuse the power if he did gain the title, yet. The teenage kage would reach into her desk and pull out a form, then begin filling out the necessary information. “Do you understand that if I allow you to do this, that you will be completely beholden to my authority for as long as you do missions? I can’t give you more leeway than I would one of my own shinobi. You won’t have access to any classified information or restricted or Konoha exclusive techniques should we come into possession of them again during your time here. With the exception of the Iwagakure jutsu of course. You will be required to wear the Konoha symbol while doing missions. This is temporary and you will be required to return any such symbol upon departure. Every mission you undertake will have to be reported and logged for the village's bookkeepers. You will be required to inform me when you intend to leave. Any attempt to leave without doing so will be construed as abandonment and it will be assumed that you have stolen sensitive information. Which will prompt me to send someone after you. I’m trying to make this as fair as possible while allowing you to do missions for my village. However as a wandering shinobi, you aren’t beholden to anyone but yourself normally. You’ll be representing Konoha on any missions you might do. That means you’ll be representing our image. I can’t let that image be harmed. In return, when you feel you are ready to leave, you will be free to do so as long as you inform me of your departure. Do you understand all of that Masaru-san?” She would ask, the speech was long, but necessary. She was willing to give him a measure of trust but he had to understand what would happen if he broke that trust.

Masaru
    Masaru

Post by Masaru Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Masaru would listen as the Hokage would draft up a document and cited her terms to the agreement of masaru performing tasks for the village during his stay. She was much more thorough than he would have originally guessed, but it was to be expected. Masaru had accounted for such conditions to be given and none of it would effect him in any way, though her remark about informing her of his departure was unexpected as he had already told her how long he would be there and when he would be leaving. Though he supposed it was more for her benefit to ensure he wasn't doing something nefarious behind her back, the very idea of such a thing making the man sick to his stomach. He was a man of his word, though he would let his actions speak for themselves. Once asked if he understood all the terms to the agreement, masaru would nod. "All of that is acceptable, Lady Hokage." He would add with a smile, signing the Document if necessary as proof.
    With that now out of the way there was nothing left for Masaru to bother the hokage with, so unless she said there was something else. "Well I believe I have taken enough of your time," Masaru stated as he grabbed the scroll she had placed on the desks moments earlier with the information he needed, "Unless there is anything else you need from me Lady Hokage, I will take my leave and await word of my first mission." If the hokage had no other words for the man he would take his leave sliding the scroll into his sleeve for safe keeping for now, he would make his path back to the library and grab amaya before return to their apartment for the night.

{Exit Attempt}
    Morithar Alaris
    Morithar Alaris

Post by Morithar Alaris Sun May 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Masaru would listen as she listed her terms before nodding and stating that it was all acceptable. Akari had thought he might ask about requiring him to inform her somehow of when he left. Given that he had told her when he was going to be leaving already. However plans could change very easily, and she needed to know if that occurred. Not only that but she needed to know for sure when he stopped doing missions for her village. Knowing when someone was representing your village and when they were not was important in the grand scheme of things. However he would not raise issue with any points and Akari would nod before passing him the document to sign, which he did.

Akari would nod before rolling up the document, it was a scroll after all, and setting it within her desk. Masaru would excuse himself, taking the scrolls she had placed upon the desk that showed Iwagakure's location. Akari would nod "Please, be on your way." She would say politely, continuing with other paperwork as he closed the door behind him. 'So Iwagakure eh?' She would think, wondering if he would pull it off. It was his business if he did, she didn't really care one iota about the place so if he wanted to go try to recreate the village he was more than welcome to do so.

Exit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 am