Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

Rebirth

Kensai
    Kensai

Village : Minor Nation
    Clan : A-Class Clanless
    Discord Tag : kensai#2709

Rebirth Empty Rebirth

Post by Kensai Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 pm

The Samurai took each step with purpose, each step with the knowledge that this was the site of his ancestry, and this was the home that he had been appointed to rule. The outpost was a depressing thing with the lack of guard presence, and the ruins of the battle from a year before still looking fresh. The people of the village, at first, seemed distrusting of Kensai but he could hear them whispering about his armour, his crest, the Tanahashi Family...The Iron Shogun. The people of the settlement would begin to stir, coming out of their houses to see the man, or to follow him to see what he would do. It wasn’t many people, a very modest amount. As he made his way along the path towards his objective he passed by the banners of the great Samurai Houses; Fisei, Meiyo, Makuto and Gi. These were the four clans who had originally united Iron, and now Kensai was here centuries later to do it again.

The chatter behind him was impossible to miss and the armour clad man found his way towards the “palace” of this outpost, a beautiful house with a raised staircase and a door that had seen no use in a long time. It saddened Kensai to see the state of this once beautiful area, but he knew full well what had happened. The story was famous, and everyone knew of how Hana and Kyoji had come to Iron, and the wrath they brought. They fought like dragons against an unprepared Iron force, and the people of this outpost never knew what they had in store until it had already washed through the place like a tsunami. It angered Kensai to think of it, but he would show no anger here today. As he would take his place at the top of the stairs, he would look down at the people who had gathered around him, each and every one of them at this point completely silent as they looked upon the man they had identified as their new lord.

”People of the Land of Iron...I come before you today humbled. This is the land of my people, of my family, and of the mighty Samurai, and it is a land that I have never been able to visit due to my father’s death before we could return from the Land of Wind. I wish he could have been here today, here to see his son stand in front of the people of the Land of Iron, as the Four Founders did centuries ago when they declared the first ever Shogun...which of course is why I am here...My name is Kensai Tanahashi, last of my Clan and second of my name, and I am here to unite the Land of Iron and to rebuild it to a prominence it has never seen. I come as a man of peace, a man who lives nothing but the Bushido Code, and a man who would see the entire world free of war, so that such an atrocity will never occur again.”

The people gathered stared at Kensai, still not entirely sure what to make of the entire situation. He was basically an outsider, you could see it from the colour of his skin that he had grown up in the desert under the scorching sun. He was several shades darker than everyone else who lived here, and was dressed heavier than anyone else as well, wearing a warm fur cloak over his armour and still looking cold.

”I can see your look, your hesitation. You all wonder how an outsider can come here and become Shogun. You are correct, I am not from here...I look different from you, and likely speak differently as well, but I am no less a Samurai, no less a son of this land. Iron runs through my blood, like it does for each and every one of you. I have lost, like you. My family were killed by the Shinobi, like you and yours. I am one of you, I am a man of courage, facing this unknown land and standing before all of you not knowing how I would be received. I am a man of Honesty, laying my heart and soul to bear for you and telling no lie. I am a man of honour, never backing down from any situation, and always keeping my word. I am a man of Loyalty, pledging my blade, my bow, and my body to protect you all. I am a man of strong Moral Code, acting fairly and justly in all things. I am a benevolent man, one who acts with empathy and always considers the feelings of others. I am a man of mercy, who wishes to solve the wars afflicting these lands peacefully and by setting a true example for all to follow...Above all of this, I am a man of Justice, knowing what is right and having the will to face my death if it is right to do so, and to temper my blade as well if such would be the right thing.

I am all these things and more, and like the Four who stood in this land centuries ago and named Kiyoko Makato as the first ever Shogun, and those who created the code by which we live, I embody the bushido code. I ask you...no. I beg of you. Allow me to lead you into the future, allow me to rebuild our land, and should I lead you astray allow me to be executed for it.”
    He stopped speaking to absolute silence, a tense moment as he had believed that the people of the land hadn’t accepted him...that is until the first person bowed. After that it was a chain effect, everyone in attendance bowing before Kensai Tanahashi, Shogun of the Land of Iron, Second of his name. The feeling was almost overwhelming as he witnessed this act, and for the first time ever, he felt like the title truly fit him properly. He was the leader who these people needed, and he was the one who would bring them into the future.

”Please rise, for we are all equals here...and thank you. I look forward to seeing the world that we can build together...” With that, Kensai would bow to his people, showing his respect and humility to them, before setting out to work rebuilding. They would have a lot of work to do...

{Iron Country Claimed, Exit Thread}